Anyone know what the part number is for this hose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cbbr

SILVER Star
Threads
Newb LC owner here - This is a "trail fix" from a PO and before I pull it, I would like to have the replacement part on hand. Apparently it was bulging a bit. I don't have a shop manual yet. This is on the front of the engine, Drivers side -

Trail Fix.jpg

@cbbr It's always helpful to know what model and what year.

The repair manual (FSM) and the electrical wiring diagrams (EWD) are in the Resources section for free download.

The online electronic parts catalogs (EPC), such as PartSouq, have all the parts listed for each model and year. You can look them up using your VIN. It's worth getting to know how to use the catalogs. They are very useful for understanding how the truck works, as well as repair insight and, of course, part numbers. Don't be discouraged if the part number you're looking for is listed as not available. Not all online sellers have all parts.

US domestic online sellers, such as Ourisman in Richmond, Virginia and Lexus Parts, sell Toyota/Lexus parts directly at significant discounts. You'll also need your VIN for these sites, but their catalogs aren't as easy to use. They will, however, list all the parts you can get from your local dealership, with few exceptions, whereas the overseas websites sometimes do not.

If the parts are stocked in the Toyota regional warehouses, your dealership can get them next day. The online sellers, while being less expensive, take a few days to weeks to get your order to you.

FWIW, if this is a hose without a hose end (I can't tell exactly what it is from the photo), get the hose clamps with the hose. They're cheaper and far superior to anything else you'll buy. Slip them on the hose with their clamps locks in place (they ship that way), prior to placing the hose on the hose nipples. You lock them in place by simply removing the locks. I always use a little Vaseline on hoses and hose nipples, to make installation and later removal easy. It doesn't take much, just a thin film.

Looks like the oil cooler hose that connects to the oil filter housing.

1000003077.jpg

1000003078.jpg

1000003079.jpg

Like @Malleus said: confirm the part number on Partsouq using your VIN to be certain this part fits your year model.

The hose clamps are also shown above.

That's the same model as mine so those part numbers should work but I'd double check.

that's such a classy fix lol.. It was probably harder for the previous owner to wrap the tape + zip ties than it would have been to replace it.

Well, that's the thing about trail fixes. You usually don't have the replacement part on hand.

Well, that's the thing about trail fixes. You usually don't have the replacement part on hand.
Fair enough lol. zip ties and then just sell the entire truck to someone else seems to be the way to go.

"Well, it ain't my problem no more." lol

I wonder if you can get at it from down below? Skid plate off, remove the oil filter, might be able to get lucky and get the old one off with ease. I remember mine was budging pretty bad as well around 200k miles... I wonder if it just gets real hot down there, who knows.

Do most engines have cooling lines running to their oil filters like this?

No one local could get the hose in fewer than 10 days, so I ordered it from PartSouq which showed 3 to process and 7 for FedEx. I also ordered the coolant hose that's next to it because even if its not bad, its old and I will be there anyway. I will report back when I swap them - Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom