eBay Anyone know anything about this FJ60 on Ebay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Anyone know the story on this 60? Been up for sale for a while now seems like a decent price so was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or looked at this? Thanks

1986 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Screen-Shot-2020-05-26-at-11.15.07-AM.jpg

I called the owner (a dealer out of Portland, OR) yesterday and he says it was in an accident last year and the insurance company salvaged it. The owner, at the time of the accident, then bought it back from the insurance company and had it rebuilt. I asked how extensive the damage was and the dealer said it was very minor (as they alway do). The dealer wouldn't tell me if he took it on on trade or if he bought it at an auction.

Not sure if he was just having a bad day but the dealer wasn't super approachable. I asked for more pictures, specifically of the undercarriage, but I haven't seen anything yet. I'll post them here if they ever show up.

I called the owner (a dealer out of Portland, OR) yesterday and he says it was in an accident last year and the insurance company salvaged it. The owner, at the time of the accident, then bought it back from the insurance company and had it rebuilt. I asked how extensive the damage was and the dealer said it was very minor (as they alway do). The dealer wouldn't tell me if he took it on on trade or if he bought it at an auction.

Not sure if he was just having a bad day but the dealer wasn't super approachable. I asked for more pictures, specifically of the undercarriage, but I haven't seen anything yet. I'll post them here if they ever show up.

Also, @ButtonIt I see you're in Ellensburg. Do you know any Calaways up there? They're cousins of mine. *Sorry for the off topic post.

Thanks for the info, yeah I saw the title was salvaged, was curious if anyone truly knew how bad the damage actually was, verses dealers stated info. It's too far of a drive for me to look at in person, with the title situation, and the whole dealer sale as well. Thanks, no, no Calaways, but doesn't mean much, I pretty much work and enjoy cruisers, keep to myself, fairly new back to the area as well. Thanks!

Autocheck shows that it was salvaged out in 2012. And then again in 2019.

No mileage entries since 2007.

I would stay far away from these salvage title vehicles, too much risk and huge impact on resale. I am on the hunt for an FJ60/62 and wouldn’t consider this one.

Salvage title trucks are worth whatever you're willing to pay for your enjoyment, don't count on being able to resell one.

I've owned, loved for many years, and sold a 62 with a salvage title. It wasn't an issue for me. I'd do it again.

Per CarFax it got its salvage title in 2012. Not much detail. Mileage seems legit.

I saw this rig today. Interior is pretty clean. a little unusual wear around the climate control. Obvious issues with dash. Exterior is a little different story. Passenger fender is not original. It was taken off a red 60 and appears to have been repaired multiple times with body. The rest of the body looked pretty straight, but the whole thing was repainted with a fairly low quality paint job. Fisheyes and flaking off in spots. Looks really good at 10 feet tho.

Started it, but didn't drive. Was a little hard to start, though it wasn't supposed to have been a cold start. Once started it took a few tries before it could idle without feathering the throttle. Sounded good reving it up, but it had a rough idle that never smoothed out. Seller tried to pass it off as low fuel. It had plenty of gas in the filter to start right away and it did run for 5 mins. I wanted to take it to my mechanic to get a more thorough look, but didn't trust to get it across town and didn't want to risk a breakdown on a sweltering hot day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom