Anyone installed Dobinsons Snorkel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dobinson's snorkel 100 series

I like the look of the snorkel and how it does not have to run as far along the fender. Has anyone successfully installed this??

I installed an eBay knock off. I am sure it was the exact same thing as the Dobinson.

The template was off.
PXL_20221210_203832910.jpg

The A Pillar bracket wasn't going to work, so I made another.
PXL_20221210_225326916.NIGHT.jpg

The electric antenna will not work with this style of snorkel as the piping sits where the antenna motor and part of the mast go. I installed a manual retracting antenna and had to bend the bracket so the antenna would clear the snorkel pipe. As a result, the antenna now sits straight up versus angled back a little like the factory antenna. The connection to the intake baffle in the fender wasn't great so I picked up some silicone couplers and clamps to make sure the connections were nice and tight.

I wasn't crazy about the ram air scoop, so I installed a knock off 70 series style head on the snorkel. The snorkel is quiet and did not affect my fuel economy. I can hear some slight intake noise when the passenger window is down.
PXL_20230121_201148232.NIGHT~2.jpg

Thank you for your detailed response. Knowing this, I may just go with a safari or safari knock off as I like having the auto antenna. Also awesome picture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom