Anyone Imported to Guam Before? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Full disclaimer: New to the forum and will be new to the Land Cruiser life if I can pull this off.
I apologize if this question has been asked before but I didn't find anything in my research so I'm hoping I can still get some information. It looks as if I might be moving to Guam next spring and I've always wanted to own a 60 series. I figure that with Guam being so much closer to AUS and JAP than the US, it would be a perfect time to maybe try and import a 60 to use as a fun island cruiser for the time that i'm there and then have it shipped back to the US when the time comes on the government's dime (;
I'm mainly looking for experience with anyone who might have imported into Guam and preference on whether to look more in Australia or Japan for a potential vehicle. This will be my first experience ever importing period so I'm pretty new to everything about this.

Not a whole lot of action on this topic... No one has any experience? If anything I'd like to find a good contact in Japan that can help me at least track down a good 60.

As far importing from japan, I have no idea. I know there is a 4% tax that must be paid up front the day it hits the ground in guam. Also you can not have a lien on the car when you register it without written proof from the lender it is Ok to be there in guam with the car. If you are dealing witha Japanese export company to move it they should be able to tell you everything you need to get it there.

I found Japan-Partners and they seem easy to deal with. I was wondering about this since I have a friend moving to Guam for 3 years

Hi,
I would like to suggest you a Japanese platform, you can find and buy car from here and they will ship car to you. Their car prices are very affordable, normally it takes 1 month to receive and do clearance for the car, I also bought a car since 2016 and the car is still running very well.
(carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-cars-for-sale)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom