Anyone heard anything on LX600? (USA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow...That front end if freaking ridiculous/hideous!

Maybe this is old news, but it looks like the online configurator is up and running in the US.

So I’ve gently encouraged my wife to trade in her 2020 GX on the new LX, seems I made enough of a case that she is on board. We would try to get a Land Cruiser, as we like the somewhat stealth quality of the Toyota badge, but hey at least we can get a 300 somehow, right?

I have attempted to redact the information that will put any particular dealers in a negative light, that’s not my intention. I think there is a strategy to ordering a new LX, and that’s the point of my post, to share what I’ve learned so you can apply it in your area if possible.

I started with the local dealership where we bought our GX. They initially told me that they would accept a deposit of $5000 to order one from the factory with desired options. Then they said that they couldn’t accept the order, and would share more info when they could.

In the meantime, I checked with a Lexus dealer about 1.5 hours away. A couple days later and they are still making superficial contact. No real help.

I got in touch with a dealer who is 3 hours away, and they were on the spot. $1000 deposit, and like that I’m on the list. Might take 6 months, but it’s better than what is going on in Japan, right? (4 years)

So then I get this message from my local dealer:
“We discussed this whole ordering snafu in our meeting on Saturday and we are indeed limited to 3 orders per month. There were around 15 more that we tried to place that were rejected, if Lexus maintains this new rule that would put us around 5-6 months out before we could place brand new orders and we have no idea how quickly those orders would turn around and be filled.

Our best bet for your LX is to keep an eye on what Lexus allocates us and try to find a LX that is as close to what you're looking for as possible. Again, I know this isn't ideal and I apologize for the bad news!”
Concerned, I checked in with the dealer who took my deposit, this was their response:

“Hello, we do indeed have a pretty similar situation regarding orders. We can only submit 3 at a time as well, although my manager does an exceptional job at prioritizing the order in which we place them. You happen to be one of the first few people to place an order for an LX here at our store. With that being said, I anticipate us being able to get your true special order placed sooner than the (nearby big city) dealers that have more customers to tend to.”

So there you have it. Seek out dealers in less populated areas if you want to make it on the list. I’ve traveled across the country a number of times to buy vehicles, and it’s always been enjoyable. Before the pandemic, I always saved a ton of money too. So don’t be afraid to expand your search!

My understanding is orders are different from allocations. Orders are going to take longer vs picking up one of the LX being allocated to your dealer that is relatively close to your preferred criteria.

Could be wrong, but that's what I've gathered from here and conversations with a couple inventory managers at dealers.

I so very desperately want to like it, but it's just so damn ugly. Who knows...maybe it will grow on me. We'll see. I honestly doubt it will sell very well at that price point. For that kinda money I would much rather get a GLS580 with a badass 8 cylinder with more HP and torque. Just my opinion as I'm sure some people might actually think it looks good (ugghhhh!).
The GLS580 has a huge advantage over the Lexus, if you cover up the merc emblems people will mistake it for a hyundai or kia so much less likely to get stolen! :)

So I’ve gently encouraged my wife to trade in her 2020 GX on the new LX, seems I made enough of a case that she is on board. We would try to get a Land Cruiser, as we like the somewhat stealth quality of the Toyota badge, but hey at least we can get a 300 somehow, right?

I have attempted to redact the information that will put any particular dealers in a negative light, that’s not my intention. I think there is a strategy to ordering a new LX, and that’s the point of my post, to share what I’ve learned so you can apply it in your area if possible.

I started with the local dealership where we bought our GX. They initially told me that they would accept a deposit of $5000 to order one from the factory with desired options. Then they said that they couldn’t accept the order, and would share more info when they could.

In the meantime, I checked with a Lexus dealer about 1.5 hours away. A couple days later and they are still making superficial contact. No real help.

I got in touch with a dealer who is 3 hours away, and they were on the spot. $1000 deposit, and like that I’m on the list. Might take 6 months, but it’s better than what is going on in Japan, right? (4 years)

So then I get this message from my local dealer:

Concerned, I checked in with the dealer who took my deposit, this was their response:

“Hello, we do indeed have a pretty similar situation regarding orders. We can only submit 3 at a time as well, although my manager does an exceptional job at prioritizing the order in which we place them. You happen to be one of the first few people to place an order for an LX here at our store. With that being said, I anticipate us being able to get your true special order placed sooner than the (nearby big city) dealers that have more customers to tend to.”

So there you have it. Seek out dealers in less populated areas if you want to make it on the list. I’ve traveled across the country a number of times to buy vehicles, and it’s always been enjoyable. Before the pandemic, I always saved a ton of money too. So don’t be afraid to expand your search!
Good feedback. Can you PM me the folks you've talked to?

Any mention of ADM?

Also, Share your build!

Good feedback. Can you PM me the folks you've talked to?

Any mention of ADM?

Also, Share your build!
I made sure to ask, and there is no ADM when you order, in fact, there are no dealer fees either, and the destination charge is also figured in. It is exactly the amount that the configurator came up with, just add tax/title. FWIW, the closer dealership said the same thing. Perhaps Lexus has a mandate about that. I would not be surprised if they mark up their allotment vehicles, but I don't really know how Lexus operates. I can tell you that the Toyota dealership closest to me has no problem with ADM, they added 10% to a TRD PRO 4Runner --3 years ago, when you could still get discounts on new cars-- I ended up driving 350 miles to Salt Lake City to buy one at MSRP (best you could do at the time for a Pro). I was sure to rub it in the local salesperson's face as soon as I got back into town. But truth is, I'll bet they sold that 4Runner and got their markup either way, so I assume no feelings were hurt.

I didn't even think to share the build! Here it is:
Luxury model
Eminent White Pearl Exterior
Palomino Interior
Dark Chrome appearance package
Matte Grey 18" wheels, I'll put Dura-tracs on there asap
Active Height Control

My personal top choice was manganese (dark grey) exterior and black interior, but my wife wanted to switch it up, her GX is black/black. White is much easier to care for than dark colors, so I was happy with her decision. Okay my real top choice would have been the GR Land Cruiser, but it is what it is!

Just got word from my dealer that there are 6 white F sports in the Central region. It sound like they are getting one of them for me. However, they said I have no choice on the options….

I really want the Mark Levinson and AHC…but I guess I will take what I can get…

Last edited:
Just got word from my dealer that there are 6 white F sports in the Sentra region. It sound like they are getting one of them for me. However, they said I have no choice on the options….

I really want the Mark Levinson and AHC…but I guess I will take what I can get…
Why not wait until you can get what you want?

Why not wait until you can get what you want?
If I was willing to wait I could….

They said it is likely that it will have both the AHC and Levinson, but that initially Lexus asked for trim/color and will allocate from there.

It is a MSRP deal and for my wife, so I am not making a big deal out of it.

However, if I was willing to wait or was being asked to pay a ADM, I would be a little more peeved.

Not too long ago I ordered a Launch Edition Supra…it was a similar setting. I gave Toyota the build I would like and they ended up getting it.

To all of the dealers defense (that is something I don’t say often) I imagine there will be some slowdowns/issues with supply chain.

Again, I think if I put my foot down and was willing to wait, they could guarantee my exact build….as long as it is a white F-sport, I will deal with it.

I think taking what you can get is subjective. I do not put my opinion over anyone else’s.

For me, I would want to get exactly what I wanted and I am not willing to compromise. I have no problem waiting until the exact vehicle I want comes in. If I were in a rush and needed a vehicle right away, then I might change my opinion.

Good luck either way and post pics when it comes in 👍

That’s an admirable attitude to have when purchasing a car that costs almost $100,000
Kinda cool to be one of the first to have a 300 on the road in the US though, and I think anyone who can get MSRP right now is probably lucky.

Even though our dealer promised MSRP for our order, my past history with dealerships has me in more of a “I’ll believe it when I see it” mode. I’d be upset to wait 6 months and then find out that they somehow decided to add dealer markup.

That’s an admirable attitude to have when purchasing a car that costs almost $100,000
I think taking what you can get is subjective. I do not put my opinion over anyone else’s.

For me, I would want to get exactly what I wanted and I am not willing to compromise. I have no problem waiting until the exact vehicle I want comes in. If I were in a rush and needed a vehicle right away, then I might change my opinion.

Good luck either way and post pics when it comes in 👍

I am not disagreeing. Also, there is always the option to decline after I get the spec sheet and wait for a custom build to arrive.

There are pros (to me) of not having the AHC too. Would make it easier (and likely cheaper) to add a lift down the road.

As for the stereo, yes I would rather have it….but not worth it (to me) to wait several months longer so my wife can crank her tunes. She won’t know the difference.

I fully understand the argument of getting exactly what I want….I just don’t know if I have that kind of patience. Lol

I am not disagreeing. Also, there is always the option to decline after I get the spec sheet and wait for a custom build to arrive.

There are pros (to me) of not having the AHC too. Would make it easier (and likely cheaper) to add a lift down the road.

As for the stereo, yes I would rather have it….but not worth it (to me) to wait several months longer so my wife can crank her tunes. She won’t know the difference.

I fully understand the argument of getting exactly what I want….I just don’t know if I have that kind of patience. Lol
It's funny with the AHC. I'm a big fan of it in my 100 and my 200, so we were forced to look at the Luxury model to get it in the 300. (I don't like the aesthetic of the F Sport, to each his/her own though.).

I found myself making a strong case for the base model of the new LX, for the reason you suggested. Easy to lift later. Also, just simpler overall. As if a Land Cruiser won't be reliable, but the base suspension certainly would have less parts to have trouble at some point. (500k miles?). As much as I like AHC, I still believe that the base suspension is the better all-around suspension. But I like to choose soft/firm depending on the situation, and I use high/low every time I drive also.

But the base LX would actually have given up some features that my wife has on her current GX, and it feels kind of silly, but we didn't want to give up anything. My only real input was the dark chrome, 18" wheels, and the AHC. Thankfully she liked the look of the dark trim.

What do you folks do to afford a 150 thousand dollar 4wd? Assuming it’s getting winch armor and some sort of storage set up

It’s just another expensive toy. Take a look at all the boats in a marina or private airplanes at an airport or drive through an expensive neighborhood and gawk at all the multi million dollar homes.
Zillions of people make lots of money (and zillions of us don’t too)

What do you folks do to afford a 150 thousand dollar 4wd? Assuming it’s getting winch armor and some sort of storage set up

I'm not applying this to anyone in this thread, but a couple of friends and I discuss at length how much money we make and having million/s saved for retirement with 10-15 more years of working ahead of us, what we drive and live in vs. the people who make the same money we do, but more than likely don't have those millions or even hundreds of thousands saved for retirement. In other words, more people than not (you can look up these statistics) are blowing through what should be their retirement savings now on big houses, new cars every few years, other luxury goods or trips and vastly underestimating what they are going to need in retirement. I would say "to each his own, they can do what they want with their money" but I'm not confident there won't be a massive bailout / transfer of wealth to deal with the impending retirement crisis. How many people run a proper Opportunity Cost analysis on a big purchase before they make it? All that seems to matter is if they can make the monthly note work or not.

Last edited:
Man I got to talk to my HS guidance counselor. I could buy a starter home in my area for 130k and make about 1k on rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom