Anyone have Slee Slider-Steps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As much as I like the traditional tube sliders, I don't think I'll be able to convince my fiancé that it's a step. Now that I installed the "2 inch" lift... it needs steps! Does anyone have pics of their truck wearing the slider-steps? Or a link to pic's? I'd like another perspective than the pic's on the SOR site. Any other "step" suggestions?

Thanks... Brian

I have a set, but not yet installed. Once it's on the wife's rig, I suspect it'll look much like Romer's rig.

Romer's step slider thread here.

Here's another pic of his rig. Very nice :)
Romers_LX450.jpg

That pic was before he "pruned" his rear bumper on Kane Creek.....:D

I didn't realize he had some custom Moab-mods on his 450 :D
Perhaps he's just looking for an excuse to pick up a rear bumper from Christo ;)

Looks sweet! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again. More newbie questions to come... Brian

He's got his trucks melted togther in his brain. :D

It's been a long day! :eek:

I was getting antifreeze for the FZJ80 and a part from Canada for the BJ42 and things sort of fused.

Last edited:
I have the old running board sliders.
The outer board is removable. I don't know if Slee has any more.

The stepslider is the replacement for that version.

Hey RG,

show us a pick of the turbo BJ engine bay :D

D-

The wife and kiddies NEED the running boards.
I HATE the running boards.
If I ever get the 80 for my self, I can remove the outer boards and still have sliders.
Its the best of both worlds.

cruiserdan said:
The stepslider is the replacement for that version.

Hey RG,

show us a pick of the turbo BJ engine bay :D

D-

Here are some hot off the press.
Top.jpg
Pass.jpg
Drivers.jpg

Slightly on subject and slightly on detour ...

On subject first: I've got the step-sliders (as opposed to slider-steps ) like Kurt's got and I love em. Truth be told, the wifey made me get em and she was smart about how much more "passenger friendly" they make the vehicle. At first I was not really thinking through the passenger friendly part, I just wanted Slee sliders!!! So I happily got steps for "us" and then stated realizing how much my passengers (ie, my grandparents, parents, other female coworkers, hell, any female period) appreciated them. I considered getting them line-xed and I still might but for now, again at my wife's request (you see a theme here??? agghheemm) so far I have not as it is "hard on heels and hose." What I do have is a strip of 3M safety strip that goes from one end to the other. It gives great traction in the center of the tread area but does not rub on or over the corners where heels and hose hit apparently. I'm surprised by how well it works even with snow and even after over a year of exposure to elements. So, mark this as a HUGE vote for steps of some-sort , but, then again, the tube sliders are absolutely awesome too so you cannot go wrong.

Now the off subject, kurt, are your mudflaps trimmed down OEM originals, special order OEM's that come like that, or are they aftermarket of some sort? Those are slick. I still have the factory "flaps" and I've trimmed them really nicely to fit the slider bars but the flap still hangs down and gets in the way every time we wheel anywhere. The type you have look to be immune from that. So whatchya got ??? Thanks. :cheers:

I've got Christo's step sliders for the 100 (with the bolt-on step, not the newer tube step type). Same reasons, for wifely comfort (especially hauling a baby in and out). They are Line-X'd and I can say that while they provide excellent grip, they are not "sharp" like skateboard tape and I don't think will rough up anyone's legs (or pantyhose...). Grip is better than stock running boards. And Christo made a good point when I bought them: in five or ten years when the truck becomes a real "work" truck, I can always unbolt the steps and weld on some tube-type outriggers. So you don't lose anything function-wise and don't have to buy something new when the truck starts getting outfitted "for real."

My US $0.02,

rgsiii,

What are you using to cap the bottom of the front flares?

-B-

Beowulf said:
rgsiii,

What are you using to cap the bottom of the front flares?

-B-

I'd love to say that I made them myself. But that is not the case, Christo sells them. The whole setup is well done and I am very happy with it.

landtoy80 said:
I have the old running board sliders.
The outer board is removable. I don't know if Slee has any more.

I like the looks of those, how long ago was it that those were available? With the "step" removed is the slider just up snug against the rocker panel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom