Anyone have a spare tire cross member and carrier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HDJdreams

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone who has put in an auxiliary tank and/or swing out rear bumper and pulled the spare cross member and carrier, I would love pick it up. Mine is long gone. PM me please.

(I had a wanted ad in classifieds for a month and a half and it was crickets. 200 guys aren’t hanging out there.)

Wanted - OEM 200 spare tire carrier

The tech: tire swing outs are a pain for daily drivers, especially the :princess:.

Beyond that hold open/latching mechanisms are problematic. On an otherwise outstanding Trail Tailor bumper less than a year old, the studs on one of the struts has already failed on both ends. The PO welded a bolt on one end. The other side just failed, sitting on level ground in my driveway. I have opened it less than a dozen times as I recently bought the 200, none of them were abusive, hard slam openings.

The TT has lock open struts, which make closing a double swing out a 3 handed (or 2 hands and body checking a dirty spare) operation. Again not :princess: princess friendly.

On a custom built bumper for my 80 (not as high quality as TT, Slee, etc.) the strut snapped off it’s mount while opening and the spare slammed into the side, leaving a dent on a freshly repainted 80.

I have not found a bumper swing out that is easy to use, robust (rattles/open-lock-close) AND looks clean (don’t like the hook welded on the Slee bumper).

I like having the option to run a swing out, but when I had my 80 bumper built I had a spindle cap made too so I could keep the spindle covered and clean when I wasn’t running a swing out. I intend to do the same with the TT bumper on my 200.

518744F9-3CB6-4DDA-86A6-3C21EB28AC8B.jpeg

07C3C98A-896C-4AEB-9DC5-D4A38C04CE7E.jpeg

9C94F4C0-CE1A-4FAC-88FA-BA5C226095F6.jpeg

That type of connection would work much better with a Heim type ball joint as opposed to the existing?

Anyone who has put in an auxiliary tank and/or swing out rear bumper and pulled the spare cross member and carrier, I would love pick it up. Mine is long gone. PM me please.

(I had a wanted ad in classifieds for a month and a half and it was crickets. 200 guys aren’t hanging out there.)

Wanted - OEM 200 spare tire carrier

The tech: tire swing outs are a pain for daily drivers, especially the :princess:.

Beyond that hold open/latching mechanisms are problematic. On an otherwise outstanding Trail Tailor bumper less than a year old, the studs on one of the struts has already failed on both ends. The PO welded a bolt on one end. The other side just failed, sitting on level ground in my driveway. I have opened it less than a dozen times as I recently bought the 200, none of them were abusive, hard slam openings.

The TT has lock open struts, which make closing a double swing out a 3 handed (or 2 hands and body checking a dirty spare) operation. Again not :princess: princess friendly.

On a custom built bumper for my 80 (not as high quality as TT, Slee, etc.) the strut snapped off it’s mount while opening and the spare slammed into the side, leaving a dent on a freshly repainted 80.

I have not found a bumper swing out that is easy to use, robust (rattles/open-lock-close) AND looks clean (don’t like the hook welded on the Slee bumper).

I like having the option to run a swing out, but when I had my 80 bumper built I had a spindle cap made too so I could keep the spindle covered and clean when I wasn’t running a swing out. I intend to do the same with the TT bumper on my 200.

View attachment 1762180

View attachment 1762181

View attachment 1762182

I can’t remember if I came home with my spare bracket or not...but if it’s in my garage, you can have mine...

You might give Valley Hybrids a call...since they are installing the tanks and may have discarded brackets on a regular basis...

Last edited:
I'm having my LRA installed next week so I'll have the cross-member available too if you need it.

You might give Valley Hybrids a call...since they are installing the tanks and may have discarded brackets on a regular basis...

Good call! George hooked me up!

I'm also in need of a spare tire cross member and carrier. I contacted Georg but he doesn't have one. I've also contacted Ben at Slee and they don't have one either.

Does anyone who has installed one of the larger LRA tanks have an extra spare cross-member and carrier laying around? I'm happy to pay for the parts and shipping.

Georg will be installing a tank on my 16 in a few weeks. You’re welcome to the parts.

I have one. It’s still under my truck. Offered free to anyone who wants it. It’s in Sheridan Wyoming.

Georg will be installing a tank on my 16 in a few weeks. You’re welcome to the parts.

Please put my name on it. I’ve emailed Georg previously looking for one. Please let me know when your 200 goes to Georg either through this thread or PM and I’ll shoot him an email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom