Anyone have a bad experience with Come-Up Winches? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalFJ100

SILVER Star
Threads
All I can find is positive things to say about these winches. Anyone have anything negative to say? Any bad experiences?

I am looking specifically at the Slim Seal Gen2 9.5rs - Going on my Slee Shortbus.

All I can find is positive things to say about these winches. Anyone have anything negative to say? Any bad experiences?

I am looking specifically at the Slim Seal Gen2 9.5rs - Going on my Slee Shortbus.
Come Up Makes a great product .

Never seen the comeup. It looks intriguing. Why start with negative though? especially with your title for the poor guy who's selling it on here.

Start positive. I think the comeup is Taiwanese? The King-One winch is Chinese. Maybe the comeup is improved over the Goodwinch/King-One. I don't know.

There was a time not so long ago, specifically before the fuel crisis of 1972, when many products made in Japan were considered "poor quality", from a "developing country"." Don't buy a Toyota! " How times have changed since.

I think the Taiwanese are doing a fine job on the QC over their mainland neighbours. I often seek out Taiwanese, Czech or former Yugoslav equipment, as these countries are more developed than their neighbors, and they often offer superior value at lower costs than fully developed countries.

Last edited:
I run the Gen 2 seal 9.5 rsi now and it has been flawless Prior to the rsi. I ran the si Never a single issue

8562DA94-8765-4D4D-B35A-B34B956ADB3B.jpeg

Come Up seems to have great reviews!!! I'm just looking to see if an alternative argument exists.

That is a nice setup! Do you use yours often?
I do actually . More to help others really . Another really cool thing is this winch lights up I will take some pics of it at night . But it has a battery level indicator on it and winch in or winch out indicators . the part that says Come up lights up as well . The cone brake is nice also if you run synthetic line

I do actually . More to help others really . Another really cool thing is this winch lights up I will take some pics of it at night . But it has a battery level indicator on it and winch in or winch out indicators . the part that says Come up lights up as well . The cone brake is nice also if you run synthetic line

That's what I hear. Seems like everyone I talk to is happy with these. For the price difference and positivity of these, I just can't justify the other higher price alternative.

I also haven't heard anything bad about ComeUp.

Interesting how in a town of 7k people (Clackamas, OR) that ComeUp USA puts their distribution right next door to Warn.

I also haven't heard anything bad about ComeUp.

Interesting how in a town of 7k people (Clackamas, OR) that ComeUp USA puts their distribution right next door to Warn.

I wonder what the draw is? Haha.

They are not Next door to each other. just in the same town . I will ask how that came about . My first guess it has to do with Shipping logistics

You're still supporting China (or where ever) by buying all this import off-road stuff that has clogged the 4x4 world, in the last 10 years especially. Sure there are a few people here for distribution (so that argument is pointless and worn out) but you not only buy generally inferior products with poor resale value, but help to further screw the US companies that make this whole country run. Think about that before commenting with emotional come-backs. All you guys buying the China stuff is why quality is dropping worldwide on almost everything. It's forced Warn to offer China made winches of all things! (who would ever have thought it would get that bad!?) Ramsey has great prices on great winches but no one seems to care because they don't make them look "Tacti-cool" like the crap brands do with all the plastic and alum. add-ons. They don't market them much either so people don't see them ad-infinitum.

ComeUp seems ok in the narrow view, but in the wide, they don't have even 1/10th the support, reputation, parts or accessories that Warn and Ramsey do. I have 20 years experience with winches and would never use anything but a Ramsey or Warn. I also work on winches part-time and can tell you, there is definitely a big damn difference when it comes to quality, but much more importantly, when it comes to getting someone on a phone and getting a part! Your winch will break someday... think hard about that day.

By the way, anyone ever wonder why almost every North American tow truck has a Ramsey on it?? ;)

You're still supporting China (or where ever) by buying all this import off-road stuff that has clogged the 4x4 world, in the last 10 years especially. Sure there are a few people here for distribution (so that argument is pointless and worn out) but you not only buy generally inferior products with poor resale value, but help to further screw the US companies that make this whole country run. Think about that before commenting with emotional come-backs. All you guys buying the China stuff is why quality is dropping worldwide on almost everything. It's forced Warn to offer China made winches of all things! (who would ever have thought it would get that bad!?) Ramsey has great prices on great winches but no one seems to care because they don't make them look "Tacti-cool" like the crap brands do with all the plastic and alum. add-ons. They don't market them much either so people don't see them ad-infinitum.

ComeUp seems ok in the narrow view, but in the wide, they don't have even 1/10th the support, reputation, parts or accessories that Warn and Ramsey do. I have 20 years experience with winches and would never use anything but a Ramsey or Warn. I also work on winches part-time and can tell you, there is definitely a big damn difference when it comes to quality, but much more importantly, when it comes to getting someone on a phone and getting a part! Your winch will break someday... think hard about that day.

By the way, anyone ever wonder why almost every North American tow truck has a Ramsey on it?? ;)

The air must be thin up there on your pulpit.

You're on Toyota forum. The computer/phone you're typing on, where was it made?

So what you are saying is you have No experience with ComeUP winches ? Did you know ComeUp winches come Factory on Chevy trucks ?

I missed why a Japanese truck can't have a Taiwanese winch on it. Would a Volkswagen with French Michelin tires fall apart? Probably not. Go American though.. hell ya.

Edit: everyone has a budget. I don’t doubt Ramsey and Warn. I’d love an 8274 but $2600 is hard to swallow for someone who may use it 3 times a year. Chinese winches serve a purpose, personally I wouldn’t decline a pull if I’m stuck because it’s not American made.
That said I’m always on the lookout for a used 8274.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom