Anyone have a 4x4 labs rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I'd be interested in seeing some pics (Not a lot on their site) and a review as far as fit durability, tire carrier and any modifications required.

Ken-I know 2 guys that are lucky enough to have one. It is super sweet. Given that you live in Colorado. the 4x4 Lab bumper requires extensive frame modification to mount. Luke usually does that at his shop. Basically, you cut out the rear crossmember, weld in a new cross member and mount the bumper closer to the body of the truck. It's very trick. Here is the only pic I could find. This is Jeff Alexander on our Dusy Ershim trip last year after loosing his taillight. The bumper was fine!
Bump1.jpg

here is my buddy Navid's, really nice bumper-very well built!

5ajpqr

Yes Andrew is correct, the rear cross member had to be chopped, the bumper has one built into it. You would have to take your truck to 4x4Labs to get the bumper installed. It is built for Rock :) I used it at Cruisemoab 2004. Very well designed made huge diffrence from stock w/spare underneath. Cool features like built in Hi Lift jack holder on the ladder, held secured and locked by a Toyota wheel lock, same for the spare. I had to special order the extra wheel locks from Toyota to match my factory key.

Man thos look nice, taking my rig to California would be a pain. I sent Luke an e-mail asking how long it takes.

Romer - I saw one of his bumpers on a 60 out here about 2 yrs ago. Very nice work.

See, if you came in for CMCC next month you could buy the bumper off my 80 :flipoff2: and take it home with you.

Romer said:
Man thos look nice, taking my rig to California would be a pain. I sent Luke an e-mail asking how long it takes.
A pain? No way...it's easy. Hop onto I-25, head north for a while, then take I-80 west and stay on it until you hit Auburn, CA. At Auburn, take Hwy 49 north and you'll be in Grass Valley before you know it. It's just 1144 miles...no problem ;)

Let me know when you're coming out :D

Now look at my two friends. One wants me to frive to the East Coast, and another wants me to drive to the West Coast. Awwwww, I'm touched.
:D
And Christo is right here in Golden. Much shorter drive and also a great bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom