Anyone have a 2F they want to part with? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I threw a bearing on my 60 on Sunday afternoon. Bummer ! I just rebuilt my head about 500 miles ago. ACC says it will cost $8000 for a total rebuild. No way can I afford that!

After talking with @BGarcia88FJ62 today I am thinking about swapping out with another 2F and putting my newly rebuilt head on it. Does anyone have a 2F that you want to sell?

Thanks for helping a brother out!

I have a 2F shortblock.. however it is dissembled and needs a big overbore and pistons.

$8000 is extremely high unless that includes the probably 20 shop hours for removal and installation. Machining and parts to have fresh short block should be in the $1500-$2000 range if you assemble and install it yourself. Which you should do because it's not hard at all.

I think ACC is up to $150 an hour.

The machine work with mandatory associated hard parts (rings, bearings, maybe pistons, I reused my cam and crank) for my 3fe (before gaskets and normal user replacement parts) was about $2400. Carrolls did install cam/crank/pistons.

I threw a bearing on my 60 on Sunday afternoon. Bummer ! I just rebuilt my head about 500 miles ago. ACC says it will cost $8000 for a total rebuild. No way can I afford that!

After talking with @BGarcia88FJ62 today I am thinking about swapping out with another 2F and putting my newly rebuilt head on it. Does anyone have a 2F that you want to sell?

Thanks for helping a brother out!

Based on my experience, your projected cost seems in line. Two years ago, I had the 2F out of my 40 fully rebuilt (all parts and machining included, plus polishing and balancing of the crank) by Goza for just under $4k. Since I was at this stage, I replaced all hoses / filters / water pump / clutch / belts / ... which total another ~$3k so my total approached your projected cost (with me responsible for removal/re-installation of the engine).

Yes, this was a hard bite on the check book; but every time I drive the 40 now, it is worth it. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom