Anyone ever installed bigger injectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What would sway me from FJ VS Tundra is ohm’s.

Good point on the resistance. Aren't most injectors these days high Z? All that info on the label, deadtime, etc. are handled in the tune. So yes, if there is no change in tune then any new injector should match up in deadtime/vbatt compensation, etc. to what the old injectors are. The ECU can compensate for variances to some extent but that's not ideal.

So after the first half tank with the new injectors here’s my first update...do it! I’ve done my best to keep my driving habits the same but this is the most I have ever gotten on half a tank of fuel. Overall it seems to idle better and run smoother. I’m noticing it’s not downshifting on hills where as before it would having to find a gear to get into. I’ll update after the weekend with the final miles on this tank.

image.jpg

Previous post went up twice. What happens when posting from a phone

also, @dirtydeeds, will these injectors work on the older aluminum intakes? The older non vvti 4.7l on my 2003 LX

They should. I’m running injectors from a 2002 2UZ in my plastic intake.

sorry for the slow responses guys. Been prepping my kids cars for the track tomorrow:)

I’ll answer more in detail end of weekend/beginning of next week.

These injectors work on composite and on aluminum intakes.

Would doing the intake swap along with the injectors yield more power along with an already installed borla catback and KN CAI

subscribed

Would doing the intake swap along with the injectors yield more power along with an already installed borla catback and KN CAI
The entire package: injectors, intake, catback all at once makes it a different truck when you’re done. Makes you think, ‘why didn’t Toyota build it like this on the first place’. Well they did, it’s the 5.7. Haha

The gas light just came on. That’s about 20 miles further on a tank than normal. First impressions are the upgrade is worth it. I don’t necessarily feel any more power but it does seem to run smoother. Not downshifting on hills anymore like it was before. My guess is because the fuel is burning better than before. I’ll ride this way for a while then do @dirtydeeds intake manifold swap and see an even bigger difference. But my opinion is it is well worth the money.

D4C5743C-F0EA-4B62-868D-B04FA4EBE255.jpeg

I can appreciate your point of view. This post is not to try to sell you injectors. It’s only purpose is to give information to others reading it.

I’ve had literally hundreds of Toyota v8 pick ups on a Dyno testing one thing or another. I would never ever try to measure horsepower at part throttle. That’s kind of a odd to ask for this sort of thing. I’ve never imagined it as a matter of fact. LOL.

To get repeatable runs I would have to put a wooden block under the gas pedal so it’s depressed the same amount everytime and that’s just silly.

IF a guy were to install these on their truck, and he didn’t see better throttle response and all of the stuff mentioned, simply return them for a full refund.

Here's my thought. You don't need to keep throttle constant. You can let it vary wildly. You just create a 3D scatter plot with throttle % and RPM on the horizontal axis and power or torque on the vertical. If there's a difference before and after you'll see it in the data. The before should have a lower elevation surface and after should be higher. If you have easy access to a dyno and can export some raw data I'd be happy to plot it. I have excellent data analytics software on my work laptop and do this sort of thing daily. Mapping dyno data would be far more enjoyable than mapping/analyzing oil well performance. ;)

Plus, if there's a difference I can help you put a real, objective, number on it and you'd start selling these like mad on here. :)

Here's my thought. You don't need to keep throttle constant. You can let it vary wildly. You just create a 3D scatter plot with throttle % and RPM on the horizontal axis and power or torque on the vertical. If there's a difference before and after you'll see it in the data. The before should have a lower elevation surface and after should be higher. If you have easy access to a dyno and can export some raw data I'd be happy to plot it. I have excellent data analytics software on my work laptop and do this sort of thing daily. Mapping dyno data would be far more enjoyable than mapping/analyzing oil well performance. ;)

Plus, if there's a difference I can help you put a real, objective, number on it and you'd start selling these like mad on here. :)

Gimme a call. 760-877-4234

The gas light just came on. That’s about 20 miles further on a tank than normal. First impressions are the upgrade is worth it. I don’t necessarily feel any more power but it does seem to run smoother. Not downshifting on hills anymore like it was before. My guess is because the fuel is burning better than before. I’ll ride this way for a while then do @dirtydeeds intake manifold swap and see an even bigger difference. But my opinion is it is well worth the money.

View attachment 1746209
Was this in town driving or Highway?

I found a local shop that will do Dyno tests for $100 ea. So, just need to justify $200 for before/after tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom