Anyone ever installed bigger injectors? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dyno time wont be happening any time locally. Places are pretty booked up. Id be happy to try any of the apps someone could suggest

Injectors are in! Passenger side took about 15 minutes. Driver side took about an hour. Taking it easy on the way home today making sure they are seated well and no leaks. Ill fill up in the morning and then give a first tank rundown.

In other news...I’ve got a set of factory injectors for sale...

00EF19F9-BB25-4243-A158-36CFDB648D3B.jpeg

@Gassiper thanks for keeping us updated!

Hope you changed all the seals before installing. I didn’t... ended up spewing fuel all over the place when I was trying to leave for work.

Anyway I “upgraded” my 1UZ from the stock 2-hole injectors to the basic 2UZ 4-hole. I feel more torque for sure, but that’s likely because of the taller manifold.

However, it does idle noticeably smoother.

Did you install the Tundra intake on a non-VVTi model, and if so, did you remember to use a wire or something to tie the ACIS butterflies shut?
I actually bypassed the vacuum solenoid and run a straight vacuum reference to it. The valves open whenever there is less than 4” of vacuum.

Low end power difference would still show up on a dyno, though. Part throttle acceleration can still be mapped if you log throttle percent during the run and go up and down the rev range a few times under partial throttle. If 30% throttle before and after shows a difference, I'll bite and call it an upgrade. I suspect that wouldn't be the case though. You can also map "tip in" by plotting the profiles of power if you apply throttle suddenly mid-run. You'd just need a shop willing to export some raw data.

Dyno charts are commonly just full throttle pulls, but they don't need to be.

You could lighten the throttle body cable or tweak the profile to be eccentric to make the motor "seem" more lively, but it's all a false sensation.

Call me a cynic, but I need dyno data to grasp the claimed benefit here. If it causes benefits you can't see on a dyno I have a real hard time believing you're not feeling the placebo effect.

I can appreciate your point of view. This post is not to try to sell you injectors. It’s only purpose is to give information to others reading it.

I’ve had literally hundreds of Toyota v8 pick ups on a Dyno testing one thing or another. I would never ever try to measure horsepower at part throttle. That’s kind of a odd to ask for this sort of thing. I’ve never imagined it as a matter of fact. LOL.

To get repeatable runs I would have to put a wooden block under the gas pedal so it’s depressed the same amount everytime and that’s just silly.

IF a guy were to install these on their truck, and he didn’t see better throttle response and all of the stuff mentioned, simply return them for a full refund.

Anyone have a part number for the 12-hole injectors?

I wouldn’t run a v6 injector on a v8. You want an injector meant for your vehicle. And flow balanced.

Flow matched for sure, but the v6 vs. v8 injector doesn't matter. An injector is all about flow rate and application. The tune puts them to use. There are 6 cylinder motors that require more fuel than some 8 cylinder motors. Thus, they use an injector with a larger flow rate.

Flow matched for sure, but the v6 vs. v8 injector doesn't matter. An injector is all about flow rate and application. The tune puts them to use. There are 6 cylinder motors that require more fuel than some 8 cylinder motors. Thus, they use an injector with a larger flow rate.

Agreed. Without going into detail, What would sway me from FJ VS Tundra is ohm’s. Dead time. And all the other stuff listed on the label on the injector package. I’ve never seen FJ injectors and what their specs are. With similar Hp to our trucks they may be close. But I’ve had these injectors made specifically for our trucks. Not a v6 FJ and vice versa

Hmmm at 200k I was thinking about sending off injectors to get balanced... but this may be a way to go.

At 230hp.... this tank needs all the help it can get even if it is just in throttle response at low rpms and half throttle.

So @dirtydeeds does changing to the plastic tundra intake add any HP that you have had dyno'd?

The problem many run into with our vehicles verses the tundra crowd is we mostly outfit our rigs for long overland travel with the occasional hardcore trail thrown in. High HP really isn't needed for that vs a tundra where the primary modifications are for looks or street (no disrespect meant in that at all) or if off road then desert prerunning where high HP is a good thing. That means most of the mod budget goes to armor and drive train mods. So things that aren't really needing to be replaced like injectors and an intake manifold is a big pill to swallow when it could be going to a fridge, dual batteries, roof rack, etc.......
Hell things like DT headers and exhaust have been dyno proven by mud members but still there isn't a huge amount of people on the site that have switched and the majority of DT header owners did so because some of the 100s have exhaust manifolds that like to crack.

But like I said at 200k mine should be cleaned anyway and the bump from flow balancing to yours is not huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom