anyone done ABS delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm curious if anyone has done an ABS delete using the parts referenced in this thread: Poverty Pack Modifications / Feature Delete Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/poverty-pack-modifications-feature-delete-thread.1166613/

My accumulator pump failed recently and while I was pulling the MC assembly out today I remembered that thread.

Definitely have been dripping some brake fluid....fuel line below is corroded and about 4 miles from leaking. I can almost say I was lucky to have the brakes fail....a fire might have been worse.

I have my ABS turn off when I lock the CDL. Is there a benefit to this delete over simply pulling the ABS fuse?

I have my ABS turn off when I lock the CDL. Is there a benefit to this delete over simply pulling the ABS fuse?
I think the OP's goal is to eliminate the expensive abs accumulator in favor of the cheap vacuum version in non-ABS cars.

The point is not to disable ABS. The point is to avoid the hefty bill for a new ABS assembly.

That's how I read it, at least.

I think the OP's goal is to eliminate the expensive abs accumulator in favor of the cheap vacuum version in non-ABS cars.

The point is not to disable ABS. The point is to avoid the hefty bill for a new ABS assembly.

That's how I read it, at least.
Yes....Simplicity is the main goal.

Yes....Simplicity is the main goal.
I think simplicity dictates that you just swap in a brand new abs assembly.

Frugal-ness may dictate the vacuum setup, though. I don't expect the swap over to be anything resembling simple, haha. That's a lot of parts to track down unless you've got a scrap assembly from a wrecked car or something.

I think simplicity dictates that you just swap in a brand new abs assembly.

Frugal-ness may dictate the vacuum setup, though. I don't expect the swap over to be anything resembling simple, haha. That's a lot of parts to track down unless you've got a scrap assembly from a wrecked car or something.

I suppose I can't downplay the original lasting 22 years and 272k

I suppose I can't downplay the original lasting 22 years and 272k
Yeah exactly. It's a known failure point, but still only occurs to a fraction of owners and normally at a couple hundred thousand miles. It's expensive and annoying, but the fix is pretty clear and "easy" if you just replace the whole assembly.

Not to mention that ABS is one of the more significant safety systems. I can see deleting VSC and others, but ABS would be on my keeper list.

I drove for a couple of weeks with the ABS off due to a rear wheel sensor cable issue and I hated it. The ABS significantly improves the ease of breaking in our heavy rigs. VSC is pretty good too on wet or icy roads.

I bit the bullet and replaced the entire assembly. :banana::banana: Job because I had to use a key to open my beer. I didn’t have twist off tops that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom