Anybody running 4.88’s with 33’s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have 5.29s and 37s and I cruise at about 3k rpms on the highway. Everything seems very happy there. I bring this up only to illustrate that cruising at 2600 isn’t a big deal and you’ve got room to go up in cruising rpm/speed if you want.

I did leave it out of overdrive to see what it would drive like @ 2600rpm, and mine was surprisingly quiet. I typically wouldn’t drive faster than 70 to 75mph, as it feels a bit more sketchy after that. It’s less sketch as of late with new bushings underneath and a new steering box. But it is still a mildly lifted 4x4 with a short wheel base. I bought the rebuilt motor, supercharger, trans, and t case from a mud member who rolled it dodging a deer at 50mph, sooo I tend to be cautious.
I’m also going to a heavier trailer hopefully in the near future, so that is also in the back of my mind.

Mostly back and forth to work, about 15 miles one way at 70 in the morning, and 50 at night. It sounds like anything is obviously a compromise. I’m prolly going to go with the 4.56 gearing. Like was stated, anything serious off road is low range anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom