Anybody ordered and installed OEM shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordering parts from Toyota dealers can be tedious because sometimes each bolt and nut for a job is "a la carte" and ordered as a different part number.

I am doing front and rear shocks and it appears that the bushings and mounting washers are included when you put in the part number for the shock because these items all appear in a box on the parts diagram. Can anyone confirm that when you order the front and rear shocks from Toyota all the associated mounting tidbits are included?

If so, is there anything anybody recommends I order for the job that doesn't come with the shocks? (I was planning on keeping the old springs).

Many Thanks

Ordering parts from Toyota dealers can be tedious because sometimes each bolt and nut for a job is "a la carte" and ordered as a different part number.

I am doing front and rear shocks and it appears that the bushings and mounting washers are included when you put in the part number for the shock because these items all appear in a box on the parts diagram. Can anyone confirm that when you order the front and rear shocks from Toyota all the associated mounting tidbits are included?

If so, is there anything anybody recommends I order for the job that doesn't come with the shocks? (I was planning on keeping the old springs).

Many Thanks
are you near austin? if so pm me.

I got all oem shovks front and rear. All came with new bushings, nuts and washers. It was about $30 a piece at Camelback toyota in AZ.

I've bought probably 4 sets of OEM shocks. They all come with nuts and rubber bushings, but none of mine have ever come with the metal washers, especially not for $30 a pop (unless Toyota has changed something massively for the good recently, and foregone profit). Those washers are more expensive than the shocks... Be careful, and sure of what you are and aren't getting... There are many threads on here about that very topic. That said, Camelback Toyota rocks for parts, and OEM shocks are hard to beat for price/performance!!! :cheers:

Do yourself a huge favor and get (borrow) the largest pair of channel locks they make and a 22mm gear wrench! You’ll thank us afterwards.

The wrench makes the rear SO much easier.

The channel locks give you super easy leverage on the old shock bodies.

63DB309A-E274-4C20-A28B-7FCF90394684.png

Why are the stock shocks so inexpensive, All the parts on these seem to be moderately to shockingly expensive. Then randomly the shocks are cheap?

Why are the stock shocks so inexpensive, All the parts on these seem to be moderately to shockingly expensive. Then randomly the shocks are cheap?

I think it's because it's such a basic component. There's no special bracket, no weird mounting post or hole, just a very plain shock. IT's also not a "coil-over spring" design so the shock has no mounting accommodation for the spring unlike many other vehicles.

I agree they are oddly cheap, but when I looked at my wife's Civic shock with a special mount plate welded to the shock for the spring I started to understand.

They work great for light to moderate use, and surprisingly are barely shorter than Old Man Emu shocks that people install on lifted rigs, so not a huge travel limiter. But I've blown the seals on two front ones though. They don't seem to hand severe abuse, like long, high speed drives on washed out fire/forest roads very well. But for $30 they're the bomb on stock-ish weight rigs... I did go Foam Cell Pro's on my 2000, but still run OEM on my wife's '04.

Where can you get Them what is part # I spoke to Lexus parts mgr today she quoted me 1100 for 4 ?? In Henderson Nv... thanks

Just to complete the loop....

I went ahead and ordered front and rear shocks. Even though the parts diagram on both the commonly recommended online discount toyota parts suppliers showed the shocks coming with bushings and retainer washers (one diagram even broke out the retainers with the notation “included with shock”), the only things that were actually included on arrival were two rubber bushings per shock and the top nut. This appears to be Toyota packaging since they were in sealed bags that looked like they came from the distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom