Oem mudguard install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I tried searching the forum to no avail but I was hoping to find instructions on how to install the oem front mudguards onto a LX470 I believe I got all the hardware needed, just want to make sure I’m doing it right.

I'm also in the process of installing front OEM mudguards on my 05LX. I couldn't find any instructions or video online on how to do it so I just have to figure it out (and it makes sense after you look at the parts and separate them from right and left).

Some tips. Installing the L-brackets can be tricky because the back of the fender where you need to install it, maybe covered by a lot of grime. Wear glasses and don't open your mouth when installing them. Also, I was expecting the L-bracket to install tight but I think it was designed to have some play so don't over tighten them expecting them be snug. I have test fitted and all the bolt holes line up. The attachment point that goes beneath the front door is tricky. The grommet/plastic clip that I received does not work for clipping the bottom of the mudguard to the square hole. I'm waiting on some parts to be able to bolt that in.

The Toyota grommet clips didn't work to fasten the bottom of the mud flaps so went full McGyver and went to Home Depot and got some metric bolts, washers and flange nuts and used them instead. The parts used.
IMG_4070.jpeg

It was a pain trying to get the flange nut to stay in place on the square hole on the frame so I went the opposite and put the bolt through the round hole (with a washer) and threaded the flange nut on to the bolt from the mud flap. The view from the bottom looking towards the front of the car (passenger side).
IMG_4068.jpeg

Hey thanks for your info!! I was talked out of doing this because my 33.1” tires will rub on them but looking at yours, it’s doesn’t seem to stick out any further into the wheel well than the rest of the plastic trim. Maybe I’ll revisit this soon. I’m out of commission with an entrapped median nerve or some sort of bone on bone issue in my wrist.

Hey thanks for your info!! I was talked out of doing this because my 33.1” tires will rub on them but looking at yours, it’s doesn’t seem to stick out any further into the wheel well than the rest of the plastic trim. Maybe I’ll revisit this soon. I’m out of commission with an entrapped median nerve or some sort of bone on bone issue in my wrist. I eventually plan on going to 275/70/18s so I'll let you know if there is any rub with the mud guards with those tires (it might be a while though as the LX is not my dd).

Dang! Good luck with the wrist. I have a similar issue with my ulnar nerve in my right elbow. Getting old sucks. I plan on eventually going

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom