Dobinson progressive c59-223v with Dobinson Yellow Twin Chamber Shocks and OEM Front shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sullivansquarefitness.com
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Dobinson c59-223v . I am considering going OEM front and rear shocks at the same time, or maybe OEM front and Dobinson Yellows in the rear to match the springs. Planning on leaving the OEM T-bars. My rig is stock weight, DD, with common towing of a 4,000 lb trailer or a dirt bike hitch hauler. Anyone got shock experience with mix and match OEM vs Dobinson shocks leaving the stock torsion bars?

Does anyone have Dobinson's progressive rate springs? I ordered Dobinson's progressive with twin tube shocks, and a new set of OEM for the front. I'll report back in case anyone else is considering it.

As much as I have learned from IH8MUD, I got zero help for these posts. Adding my contributions so hopefully someone else can find out the info if they are interested. These pics are 265-75-16 worn tires on stock rims after the Dobinsons springs were installed (specs in first post). I adjusted the TB to 1" drop that day, and it drove notably worse than it did with the old springs/shocks. The springs raised me over 2" in the rear, so I did have to crank the TB up a fair bit to 1" rake. However, I also found a broken sway bar link on the front drivers side when I was in there.

After the sway bar parts came in (I ordered front & rear refresh kit from Cruiser Outfitters) I went back to the shop. Measured droop as I lifted it off the ground and I was right at 50mm (2"). Also, my rake had decreased and I was sitting level (obviously measured on the ground). So I brought the front down 5 turns which gave me 2.5" droop and an about an inch of rake. It drove great, but I'm not sure if it was the TB adjustment or the sway bar repair!

Here is is now, with 18" Method 308. No spacers. 275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer A/T, which from what I can tell is the same tire as the new Cooper AT3 XLT but without the new sidewall pattern. They were $200 each from Walmart vs. $300 each for the XLT.

Thanks to the community! Looking forward to picking up a Mid-Wheelbase 70 series for more fun this spring!

With Springs New Tires 2.jpg

With Springs New Tires 3.jpg

With Springs New Tires.jpg

With Springs Old Tires 3.jpg

With Springs Old Tires.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom