Anybody know someone who could fix my bent door? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
First off, yes I am stupid. I've been through enough self-hatred and regret for damaging the neatest truck I've ever seen. It is what is is, and my door is smashed.

So I was backing my FJ40 out of my garage, and I thought my door was closed. The latch was half-closed, but just enough to swing open and catch my door on the garage pillar. As I backed out, my driver's door was crushed while I was looking the other way over my right shoulder.

Obviously, I'm very upset, and I want my original door to once again be able to close. Does anybody know someone who could fix my door? Click here for pictures of the damage. If you know someone very skilled, I'd love to send it their way and have it fixed.

I appreciate your help guys, this is certainly something I'm ashamed to ask for help with. Thanks. -Jordan N.

Unfortunately that door is now trash. Pull the parts and pieces off it and find another used door.

Unfortunately that door is now trash. Pull the parts and pieces off it and find another used door.

Agree, Thats not going to buff out! someone is going to step up and help ya. If I had that year I would but patience, someone will run across this and your will be good!

I would post up a wanted ad for a used door. You might even find one in the same color...seems like a number I've seen lately have been of the faded blue variety.

I’m sure you could find someone to disassemble the panels of the door, straighten everything out, and rebuild it - probably for many, many, many times the price for a comparable used door.

I agree, replace the door, but if you wanted to buy time to score a perfectly patina'd matching blue door you could possibly get it functional. The trick would be separating the skin first. Haven't done it on a 40 (yet) but likely drilling spot welds. If you can separate the two, work with a blanket and smooth ground and start bending the sheet metal back. It will seem like a fail for a while but you might be surprised. The frame you can get tougher with (get the guts out first) to get results. Physics is your friend here, long boards, big levers. If you use soft stuff like blankets and wood products, you won't scratch much. It will be a busy weekend, but I bet you could get that sucker to shut and look decent enough to find a suitable replacement.
If I was a couple thousand miles closer, and you had beer, I'd love to help

Studied your pic some more. Big folds high and low so maybe leave the door on and pull it away from the truck with a come along to put strain in it. Then use a dead blow hammer and BIG wood block for a dolly and try to replicate the accident force in reverse. I would worry about the glass so pull it if you can and pound away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom