Any Trekboxx owners? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tincan45

Too old to know anything.
SILVER Star
Threads
Currently trying to figure out what storage solution to install. I'm really leaning towards trexboxx for a few reasons. Primarily because it looks like David has a solid product, but also because he is US based and can offer proper support. However, now that I'm getting into the details of my order, I'm getting a few red flags. Email responses are short with very little detail or consideration. Especially if I'm going to drop $4500 on a set of drawers. I asked about custom colors and I was told to go look at their Instagram feed! I'm not a real picky guy, but that just didn't sit right.

At any rate, I just need some feedback from other Trekboxx customers. How was your experience? Was it worth it? I know David is probably overwhelmed as most small business owners can be at times, but if this is the pre-sales service, I'm starting to question post-sales.

Type trekboxx into the search and specify this forum only.

I got over 300 results...

Misspell it with just one x (trekbox) and you’ll get even more.

Type trekboxx into the search and specify this forum only.

I got over 300 results...

Misspell it with just one x (trekbox) and you’ll get even more.

Thanks @Markuson. I've been creeping the trekboxx threads for a while, but not seeing the kind of input I'm looking for. Mostly people complaining about price actually. This is a new product. First ones rolling out less than 2 years ago so I won't get much of a long term review, but I want to hear some honest opinions from actual owners and the process.

Last edited:
Thanks @Markuson. I've been creeping the trekboxx threads for a while, but not seeing the kind of input I'm looking for. Mostly people complaining about price actually. This is a new product. First ones rolling out less than 2 years ago so I won't get much of a long term review, but I want to her some honest opinions from actual owners and the process.

I hear ya... The search function on mud is still crude at best...

Have a look at @indycole build thread starting around page 19+ or so. I think Cole might be second to none when it comes to detail and honest thinking that goes into his zillion changes.

Here:

Excellent product and well-worth the money in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again or work with David on custom stuff. I wouldn't be too concerned with the slow replies or lack of a conversation. While this is a small volume product it's far from one-off artisanal stuff so I can imagine it being tough to balance how much time to invest in pre-sale customer service... or perhaps there are other reasons you're seeing delays? Either way, I wouldn't read anything into it. Post-sales service is fantastic.

@TrekboxX is around the forums occasionally as well. Now that the thread is open you may as well post some questions here. @mrburlingame and @DRCocaCola have done some custom stuff with the drawer system and I have a middle row as well if that's something you're after? There are at least 5-10 more vehicles with their storage system on here.

Edited to add for context: I think my drawers were one of the first (if not the first) install on the 200 from April of 2018 so we've lived with the drawers for quite a while.

Thanks @indycole ...I took @Markuson advice just found the most helpful thread of all...yours.

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Unfortunately stuff like that gets lost in these forums. Originally, I was going to go with a simple ARB setup, but my accountant called this week and told me I need to spend some money by the end of the year so I figured the company truck needs a new "tool box".

Last edited:
Thanks @indycole ...I took @Markuson advice just found the most helpful thread of all...yours.

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Unfortunately stuff like that gets lost in these forums. Originally, I was going to go with a simple ARB setup, but my accountant called this week and told me I need to spend some money by the end of the year so I figured the company truck needs new a "tool box".

Sheesh... I need my truck to be a write-off!! :hillbilly:

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Unfortunately stuff like that gets lost in these forums. Originally, I was going to go with a simple ARB setup, but my accountant called this week and told me I need to spend some money by the end of the year so I figured the company truck needs a new "tool box".
I need enough money to have an accountant that calls to tell me to spend more;)
Joking aside, sounds like a solid system, with the capability to pretty much get the exact set up to suit your specific needs . Will be watching how this progresses, Trekboxx is on my wish / want list!

I have run the Trekboxx Alpha system in my 5th gen 4Runner and currently running the Bravo system in my LC. It is an absolute top notch product and would not hesitate to purchase another system from David. After receiving the Bravo system I decided I wanted to change the cutting board to a split set up and David went out of his way to custom make a template for me to drill new holes and mount the new magnets so everything lines up properly. Like Indycole mentioned above every time I have called or reached out to David post sale he has always responded and gone out of his way to assist me.

I have a few questions. How much does the Alpha system weigh? What is the size of the area for a refrigerator? What is the depth of the top platform on the passenger side?

Disclaimer: I have the Alpha system in my 80 Series - Plenty of info and pics in my build thread below.

My comms with David were good, but I understand that he is building all day and has a family.

The system was delivered ahead of schedule and crated to protect it. The system is heavy and well thought out. I asked for a custom drawer height and some switch cutouts and all were accommodated and delivered as I specced.

I did have a few missing nut inserts and David had them 2 day usps to me with extras. I did add some rubber bumpers from McMaster Carr in order to make the drawer completely locked tightly in place when closed. This is not an issue with the system, but Im excessive on any rattling or squeaks on my 80 Series and the Alpha system, even when adjusted properly still made some noise that I believe is within spec and normal for mechanical drawer slides even when adjusted properly. I just don't do noises and will work to silence everything I can. A few bucks and 20 minutes of my time and the system is totally silent even on dirt.

So~

I will most likely buy one for my 200 when I decide to make it my full time camping/overland rig.

I will have David do an extra set of track attachment holes on the fridge slide in the center. Depending on what fridge you utilize, some like my National Luna utilize a single strap restraint system and the Fridge slide utilizes holes on the right and left. I would want a set of custom ones in the center. This is just my preference and it was easy enough for me to add my own center holes.

Build quality is just simply amazing. It's everything I wanted and imagined. I appreciate people with amazing wood skills and David is one of those guys. I also understand that these are not for everyone and this is certainly a want and not a need, but its improved my vehicle based experience exponentially, but some haters gonna hate.

I'm just super happy with mine and the next guy who gets my 80 will be well served as I think this system will last just about forever.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks John (@Overland Tailor ). Great to hear these kinds of comments. Makes me feel better about making a large purchase like this. Even if I do get to write-off a small portion, it's still a LOT for a storage system. I'm looking forward to having a place for my Engel to live on the road. It worked well in my Tacoma taking out the seat behind the driver, but hard to secure in a 200. That's one item my wife insists on taking every road trip. And when we are not on the road, its my beverage cooler in the garage. That was another one of those purchases that makes you swallow real hard when you "add to cart". :) You get what you pay for right? ...at least you hope so!

Also, with regard to my original post. David has been communicating via email and answering all my dumb questions.

I have the alpha system installed and it's exceeded my expectations. I too was a bit weary about the cost of the initial investment, but definitely zero regrets looking back.

Post sale customer service has been excellent. Case in point - I emailed Trekboxx just a few days ago regarding some light rattling/squeaking coming from one of the drawers while driving on road. I received a response that same afternoon with a couple of suggestions to address the issue (along with some helpful demo videos). Turned out to be an easy fix.

I really don't think you can go wrong with a Trekboxx system.

I have a Trekboxx set in my 2017, 200 series. The quality is outstanding and I am very happy with it. I did the install by myself without any issue.

Hey all! My ears were burning. Nah, just got a notification. @tincan45 - my apologies if you feel I haven't answered your questions to your satisfaction. The truth is the gents are right- I'm a one-man show. I try to juggle everything from design to welding to woodwork, customer inquiries, and even cleaning the restroom once in a while! But something has to give. If I had a dollar for every invoice I sent that never got paid I'd have a much better bottom line! So, I actually try to limit my pre-sale time spent. I could easily spend half of every work day answering questions about refrigerators, colors, customizations, measurements, price, etc. I really would like to, I just can't. 95% of the people asking never purchase anything anyways. It's one of the hard lessons I've had to learn since I want to make everyone happy and of course make the sale.

As my customers will tell you, I do what I can to take care of them. I guess in that way I'm the opposite of what you are used to. Hopefully you can see from the above responses that I'll be around after your purchase.

I’ve had a fantastic experience with David. His product is first class and he cares deeply about it. Agreed with all the other nice comments in this thread about Trekboxx. His system is a total game changer.

Here’s some photos from my 200 build thread, if helpful: Builds - Mrburlingame’s 200 Series Build - Garlic

I also have the Trekboxx system in my 80. So I’m a happy repeat customer.

Very happy with the Trekboxx Bravo system. David makes a quality product with significant attention to detail. It also leveled out my 2021 HE.

3E98AAEE-9255-4F89-8986-21A0359E5125.jpeg

1321AED0-EBF0-4371-982B-867EE5F1D24A.jpeg

CA2C6259-834D-4C7E-B08A-DAF0454C995D.jpeg

I had forgotten about this thread. In retrospect, I can't believe I questioned anything about @TrekboxX. This stuff is top notch. I have no complaints about this system. After a year and a half of use, these have been working flawlessly with the exception of one or two slight tune-ups to the drawer rails. If anyone else is questioning he cost or quality of David's system, Don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom