Any Trekboxx owners? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very happy with the Trekboxx Bravo system. David makes a quality product with significant attention to detail. It also leveled out my 2021 HE.

View attachment 2649390

View attachment 2649391

View attachment 2649392
Braindoc,

Hi, my name is John McDaniel. I have a 2020 HE and a system Alpha on order from David. I wanted to ask if you had it installed or did it yourself? If you did it yourself, can you provide any detail as to locating the mounting bolt holes in the floor? Any other info would be super helpful as well. I am in Dallas and don't really want to go to the expense of shipping the truck out there for the install. Thanks and feel free to PM me if you would rather talk on the phone.

Braindoc,

Hi, my name is John McDaniel. I have a 2020 HE and a system Alpha on order from David. I wanted to ask if you had it installed or did it yourself? If you did it yourself, can you provide any detail as to locating the mounting bolt holes in the floor? Any other info would be super helpful as well. I am in Dallas and don't really want to go to the expense of shipping the truck out there for the install. Thanks and feel free to PM me if you would rather talk on the phone.
It’s an easy install. Heavy, but easy with a friend. It uses the existing third row bolts and a simple bracket.

It’s an easy install. Heavy, but easy with a friend. It uses the existing third row bolts and a simple bracket.
I think the nuance may be that @BIC JET has a heritage edition, so no third row seat mounting points?

Braindoc,

My 2021 HE came with the 3rd row, so I just bolted it right in.

I think the nuance may be that @BIC JET has a heritage edition, so no third row seat mounting points?
Good point. I'm sure the holes are still there, but perhaps covered by carpet. Send pics....now I'm curious.

That is what two row HE owners have posted: the captive nuts are present, but there aren’t holes in the sheet metal, so they needed to locate the spot and drill them out. Finding where to drill is the trick.

IMG_2349_HEIC (1).jpg

Floor with out anything for the third row seat. Perhaps it is under the carpet, but I dont feel any areas that would appear as a spot to bolt down the third row.

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

You’ll need to keep going.
ACC4FF8D-F044-41FE-9E44-AE0A5AAE3BBB.jpeg

Here's the placement of the right rear.

IMG_0094.jpg

Should be these two on right...

Screenshot 2021-06-03 160436.png

Here was a recent thread on the location of the hidden captive nuts on the two-row HE, which might help. I have Tim's metal templates for making a DIY GooseGear plate one of these days, and the PDF files (which I am attaching.)

I hope that helps!

Attachments

• Outback Solutions 200 Series LC.pdf
    501.5 KB · Views: 40
  • TOYOTA_200_SERIES_WAGON_12-2007_ON-200FK.pdf
    852.1 KB · Views: 42
OMGosh, thank you so much. This was a huge help.

Gents, David indicated my Alpha is shipping next week some time so I getting prepped now. Running poswer, uncovering mounting holes etc. A few pics attached. I did booger a couple of them and will need to get an appropriate tap for the M10x1.25. They are not totally toasted, but I think it would be better to run a tap through them to get the burrs off.

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

P.S. I think the guys in Japan are totally lazy for not going ahead and clearing this spot for anyone with a Heritage Edition. IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom