Builds indycole's 2016 200 Series Build and Retrospective (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That ship has long sailed for my 200...
Nah Tony, you’re far from some of the crap I’ve seen on the trail.

We’ll talk when your winch cable is an integral part of holding suspension components in place when the rocks get a little too big...

Yeah, you would just need to extend the wiring harness to make its way up to that point. The wiring would still be short enough to not have voltage drop issues.

If it was me, I would but the Toyota wiring connectors, and make a plug n play adapter that adds wiring length without cutting into the factory wiring.

But now that I’m think of the negative issues, you’ll have a wiring harness that needs to be ready to handle the moving of the swing arm, and not get caught on stuff when loading and unloading the cargo area.

So yeah, anything is possible, just need to make sure its not going to create another problem.

Another thing to think about is that the sensor doesn’t need to be on something that makes first contact, it just needs to be positioned to “sense” something before it makes contact.

And I know most don’t care about the parking sensors, but there’s no reason to treat an 80k LC like a beater ‘90s Jeep and cut items out.
I’m just guessing that Jason couldn’t aim it straight back cuz it would “sense” the carriers.

B67000FB-B952-4523-8CEC-E49C9379E0BB.jpeg

I bet one could put a harness inside that panel above the pivot point and leave a little slack for the arm to swing. Drill a hole for a grommet and fish a wire thru the bar to the point where it would come out to go to the end of the Can carrier. Zip tie the last portion. And if you ever take the swing out off, use the harness to remove the wires.

I don’t know that I’d relocate the sensors but I think I’d try to relocate the camera like this.

How about the camera? Is there a huge harness behind the external mount?

So far the camera works pretty well with a 34" tire and the basket. No desire to reposition it from my side at this time.

So far the camera works pretty well with a 34" tire and the basket. No desire to reposition it from my side at this time.
So what was your reason for the tire on the right and cans in the left?

I’m back and forth for which side I want to put my tire on, seeing what your opinion is on it.

The good thing is you can swap the carrier over with 4 bolts if you want it on either side.

I have mine on the driver's side. Only reason being the light pole is over there too so it tucks nicely above the tire. Cole's is opposite (light pole on the passenger side). I kinda wish I had my pole on that side as my electrical is over there but one power wire routed over and it's all gravy.

There was no rhyme or reason to my tire being on the right. The main requirement is to fit two 34s as I wanted to leave the option open for either a larger aux fuel tank or onboard water in the spare area. In the meantime, having the basket there is awesome. The dual tire requirement is also why the accessory mounts are wider.

I just picked the passenger side because my electrical was there and I knew where I'd route the wiring in advance.

How about the camera? Is there a huge harness behind the external mount?
No on the camera harness. what is there can be spliced into, rerouted and exit out easily on either side of the rear. I think i have pics in my build thread showing some of the move if you have the need.

Missed that, I spliced and re-routed the camera into the spoiler. It doesn't mount flush either. I has a wiring plug that sticks out the back so it needs space. That said, the spoiler is an OK option but in the bumper (tire carrier or other) would be far easier and cleaner.

So what was your reason for the tire on the right and cans in the left?

I’m back and forth for which side I want to put my tire on, seeing what your opinion is on it.

With gas filler on right, I would have preferred to have my basket on the right. But alas...Christo went all Australian own meh...

On the other hand... With my tire on the right and swung open...I can actually rest the RotoPax on the tire and I don't have to touch/lift it while emptying into the tank. You gotta put the spout at a certain point and then it works a charm.

Quick update: the Trekboxx drawers are in! I drove to the Trekboxx HQ for install today where David put the finishing touches on what I believe is the first installed drawers for the 200.

Not that I’m surprised, but the drawer system is amazing and exceeds my expectations. I’ll have much more to say and more details to share once I get to use the system on the trail. In the meantime, here are a few photos from a gas station en route to Redding for another round of TT love from @reevesci.

Special thanks to @TrekboxX and @RobRed for a fun afternoon of working on the truck.

A79A57E1-0049-4D28-A475-B8F94D06B0AD.jpeg
11353C87-E386-40A4-9AE9-976152ADC463.jpeg

0514BD27-08B9-42C2-A3D0-DBC48F037957.jpeg

Quick update: the Trekboxx drawers are in! I drove to the Trekboxx HQ for install today where David put the finishing touches on what I believe is the first installed drawers for the 200.

Not that I’m surprised, but the drawer system is amazing and exceeds my expectations. I’ll have much more to say and more details to share once I get to use the system on the trail. In the meantime, here are a few photos from a gas station en route to Redding for another round of TT love from @reevesci.

Special thanks to @TrekboxX and @RobRed for a fun afternoon of working on the truck.

View attachment 1688556 View attachment 1688557

View attachment 1688558

Impressive!
Looks extremely well thought out.

And as usual...Cole keeps finding new ways to make me realize an LC build is never...EVER...finished! :hillbilly:

This is an amazing helpful thread. Thank you SO much! Just purchased a new LC and was debating on getting the BP51 or just standard OME setup, but after reading your comments, I’m gonna go BP51.

Has your opinion changed about the BP51 setup? I know about the clunking issue in cold weather.

Let me know if you have a chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom