Any tips on where to get a Jackall (jack) mount for an HJ61? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.studio7designs.com
Hey all,

Im about to try to manufacture a mount for a large Jackall (jack)

It will go on a flat roof rack.

Any suggestions on where I could purchase a good jack mount for a HJ61 before I break out the welding equipt?

A couple of bolts welded to the rack to stick through the holes in the shaft of the jack. A couple of wing nuts to hole it on. Your done.

Mark...

Replace one wingnut w/ a lock to keep honest folks honest, and bungee the handle down. That's the lowest $ way.

I'd definitely run it off of the side of the rack, just mount a few brackets on there. That way you can keep the top clear for crap haulin' ..

nice!

some great ideas here.

Those things are so heavy that I will prob mount it on the passenger side on the top of the rack with a couple of welded bolts.

I will get some tubing (similar to the 3/4th inch tubing used in the engine) and cut them into smaller pieces and pop into the bolts.

That way when the jackal is in place, it wont rattle around at all.

Prob will bungy it as well, and def find a nice locking situation for it too.

Thanks for the tips!

Just make sure you post up a few pics when you're done. You should also post up a few pics in the 60 registry and introduce yourself too.

Thanks Cam,

Yeah I have a bit more work to do before I can take her out again. Will do pics for sure, going up back country at whistler this weekend, so should get a few nice shots up their.

Oh yeah, looks like you got yourself a nice new project BJ60!

Congrats on that, that should keep you busy till you move :)

Im the same way, get super bored if I don't have anything to improve/fix

Yeah, just picked it up, needed some work, but it's running good now, going to use it to tow my crap across North America..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom