Any concerns buying used spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A user messaged me on here about selling bora spacers. Price is $100 shipped but claims they are new, never installed.

Price seems too good for that but are there any concerns with buying used spacers I should be aware of?

If they are name brand, meant for a 100, and hub centric you should be good. There's really nothing on them that can go bad, just a hunk of aluminum. Studs strip or break before the spacer would get damaged from over torqueing.

A user messaged me on here about selling bora spacers. Price is $100 shipped but claims they are new, never installed.

Price seems too good for that but are there any concerns with buying used spacers I should be aware of?
I did the same thing. MUD member messaged me about never-used Bora spacers and I bought them for similar price as your offer. They were exactly as described when they arrived, with no issues.

MUD ain't Facebook. There may be consequences for bad sellers: Bad Sellers - Buyer Beware

Any advice on how to buy from someone out of state that wants money prior to shipping?

Seems like this is getting fishy. Wants me to send money to their daughters cash app. No way for me to file a dispute that way if they don’t send the spacers.

Any advice on how to buy from someone out of state that wants money prior to shipping?

Seems like this is getting fishy. Wants me to send money to their daughters cash app. No way for me to file a dispute that way if they don’t send the spacers.
PayPal only.

Buy new if you dont feel comfortable buying used.

Well, I'd want money prior to shipping a product too, although I'd lean toward a proper PayPal transaction (not F&F).

Well, I'd want money prior to shipping a product too, although I'd lean toward a proper PayPal transaction (not F&F).

yeah that came off weird. I’ve always sent money prior to shipping this just seemed fishy. I told him PayPal only and he’s gone radio silent since then.

Trust your instincts. Something true about "better to lose a good deal than to get a bad one" when it comes to peace of mind.

And if you do use PayPal and you feel sketch about the transaction don’t send the payment as friends and family. Use goods and services. The seller will pay a small fee, but it offers you some protection as the buyer.
Buyer can compensate for the fee

CashApp and Venmo are a great way to get scammed. Absolutely zero protection once you've sent the money. Extra fishy that they wanted you to send the money to their daughter's acct? I don't buy it, but who knows.

I'll sell you my rig for $3500 cash, one time deal. Just put the cash in an envelope and priority overnight it to my "neighbor".

I promise to send the rig in an enclosed trailer to your specified address along with a signed title in the glove box.

Yours truly,
The Nigerian Prince

I'll sell you my rig for $3500 cash, one time deal. Just put the cash in an envelope and priority overnight it to my "neighbor".

I promise to send the rig in an enclosed trailer to your specified address along with a signed title in the glove box.

Yours truly,
The Nigerian Prince

Your signature says it all

Darn Skippy, but my identity is now blown

Yours truly,
The Nigerian Prince

Thanks for the undercarriage pic. How many unibody 100 series did they make?

1601600370127.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom