AntennaMastsRus - Conversion Kit is Compatible with Lexus LX470 (1998-2007) - Toyota Land Cruiser (01-1998-2008) Install with pictures. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Sheep

Darren
SILVER Star
Threads
Recently MUD members have been purchasing this antenna with some ease to install and some hardship. I recently purchased, followed the direction and still had a hard time.

Amazon product ASIN B07BB4KT2P
I have a 95' LC with a power antenna. The antenna worked perfectly fine, but I like the look of the "stubby". The plastic nylon cord on my antenna is not cogged, so when fully extended during the install, I still couldn't pull it out.

Searched installs and PM members on thier install, and this was the best way for me. (This is A way, maybe not THE way).

Unscrew the silver special nut.
20210425_074836_HDR.jpg

Turn power on the vehicle to give power to the antenna. Extended antenna for enough slack on the nylon cord. (I sat inside with the passenger door open to catch the antenna while it came out the slot).
20210425_074912.jpg

There are two little nuts backed on to each other you'll have to separate. I used a needle nose vise grip and pliers. (Mine was extra tight so I used a splash of PB Blast).
20210425_074955.jpg
20210425_081209.jpg

Retracted the remainder of the nylon cord, installed the new conversion sleeve, and re-installed special nut.
20210425_081420_HDR.jpg
20210425_081449_HDR.jpg

Install new antenna.
20210425_081547_HDR.jpg

Hope this helps someone. Maybe a 10 min job.

What are you thoughts on what to do if your retractable antenna doesn't go up anymore. Is that going to screw up the process?

What are you thoughts on what to do if your retractable antenna doesn't go up anymore. Is that going to screw up the process?

I am curious about this as well because my antenns doesn't go up, it just clicks.

Are you able to pull the antenna up with your hand or pliers?

I am curious about this as well because my antenns doesn't go up, it just clicks.
You should be able to snatch it out. Have someone press antenna up while you pull it up.

Depends where the cord broke. Mine broke deep inside. Just meant I had to pull the antenna motor assembly out, open it in the engine bay (because the toyota design morons didn't put a coax connector at the motor assembly) and fish out the broken junk). It's all pretty self evident when you get into it.

Of course only my wife uses the silly radio anyway, but then one must keep the boss happy...

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom