Another Use For "Slees Dual Battery Tray" W/Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Ok, i am getting further along in my dual battery install and the aux battery (Odyseey 2150) i will be running will not fit in the Slee tray.

The tray makes good use of some wasted space under the hood, so i figured i should use it for something.

At first, i thougtht of making a fluids holder to hold 3-4 quarts of various fluid, but when doing the wiring for my dual bats, i came up with another idea and it should make for a very clean install!

Below are some pics of the Blue Seas 6 Circuit fuse block and their "SEA" fuse block that will be fitted with a 150 amp fuse to protect the rear portion of the install that will be in the cargo area of the truck.

Its obviously in the early stages, but here ya go:

sleebattray001_resized.jpg

sleebattray002_reszied.jpg

sleebattray007_resized.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC, I believe that fuse block is rated for a max of 100A, but the max voltage is also 32v so I donno. I'm fusing mine at 100A.

Looks clean, seems like you should mount a compressor there too.

Nah, i dont belive in them! :D CO2 all the way! :D

But if you make room for one now, it will make the air locker install a lot easier a bit further down the track!

But if you make room for one now, it will make the air locker install a lot easier a bit further down the track!

CO2 will operate them as well, with a regulator.

I HIGHLY doubt i will ever go with ARBs though

I HIGHLY doubt i will ever go with ARBs though[/QUOTE]

What other choice is there for the front of a 100? Speaking of ARBs. I have my new one sitting in the entry way. It is the new one piece design. RD131

Last edited:
I have my new one sitting in the entry way. It is the new one piece design. RD132

Hopefully you mean "RD131" for the front that is. The RD132 is for the rear of a 80 or 105.
Note the revision date on the installation manual.

What other choice is there for the front of a 100?

SAS! :flipoff2:

Yes, i am doing it, no i am no sure when, yes, i am already collecting parts! :D

Ok, back on topic now!

Hopefully you mean "RD131" for the front that is. The RD132 is for the rear of a 80 or 105.

Yes it is RD131.

SAS! I've debated that a lot. There is no way that I could figure out to retain the ABS. I'm anxiously awaiting the All Pro SAS for the FJ Cruiser to see what they do for sensors, etc... They plan to retain the ABS and ATRAC. What they do for the FJ might have some transfer to the 100 series.

My Slee battery holder is sitting empty as I want a bigger than Optima sized battery. I did a fuse block sort of like what you are doing but I did it inside the glove box so I'd have easy access to it for my accessories as I add them. One big wire running through the firewall is easier than 6 little ones.

My Slee battery holder is sitting empty as I want a bigger than Optima sized battery. I did a fuse block sort of like what you are doing but I did it inside the glove box so I'd have easy access to it for my accessories as I add them. One big wire running through the firewall is easier than 6 little ones.

Yeah, i contemplated that as well, but now i am thinking that i will add a new "loom" out of the 6-8 new wires that will be added and it will all look OEM anyway! :D

Actually the rd132 is for the FRONT of 80 or 105, and for the REAR of minitruck, 4runner Fj cruiser etc.

Boston, do you happen to know or can you post the dimensions of the bottom of the Slee tray? I have my own idea on how to use this space and I am trying to piece it together. Do you have to relocate anything to bolt-up the tray? I've got one item (a wiring loom) running through the middle of that area just to the left of the PS reservoir (see photo below). Also, how much height do you have from the tray to the underside of the hood?

Thanks.
second-battery-location.jpg

4Peanut - Yeah, you've also got that heat sink bolted to the fender. You'll have to either move that or flip it around in order to fit the Slee tray. This must only be on the 03+ years. I flipped mine and that has worked fine.

...you've also got that heat sink bolted to the fender...I flipped mine and that has worked fine.

dclee, I did find your post earlier regarding flipping the heat sink and plan to do the same. The wiring loom may just fit below the Slee tray [I'm hopeful Boston chimes in]. My "idea" is to install the Slee tray, purchase a battery box and then use the area for storage (jumper cables, fuses, tire patch/plug kit, small tools, etc.). I also have an interior fire extinguisher mount idea—I'm just waiting for my Quick Fist clamps.

I love having a third row, and use at least one of the seats often. The 100 is just short on out-of-the-way storage, so I am creating my own solutions.

thats pretty nifty. Just make sure its water-tight.

I like where I have my fuse block, same as the one BM has just its mounted on the DS near the firewall, and doesnt have the negative terminals. I've got the one with the negatives mounted in the back behind one of the cargo area trim panels.
IMG_0528_edit.jpg

Loud, what model fuse block is that? Blue sea?

Also, why wouldnt you just get the one with the negatives in the fuse block and wire the pos and neg all in one spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom