Another rust question... how much is too much? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been trying to find something I can just drive out of the box in New England, which is a tall order considering the amount of salt we have here. Is this a manageable amount? How much might this be worth?

image0.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Seems like too much. If you are going to wheel it and not care much then shoot. Why not.

I bet all that lovely black paint underneath is just covering endless crud.

Waaaaay tooooo much; but then I’m in CA so my opinion probably biased. However, I could not imagine having to continually wrench on a truck with that much rust; It must just make everything so much harder to do....

Run Fast unless you know how to do body work.

Last edited:
I picked up a 3x locked '93 with rust in the same location in the rockers for $1500. No rust anywhere else on the truck. My plan for the rockers is to either cut them out and cap 'em, or patch in metal from my parts truck, depending on how far it goes when I get around to messing with it. I wouldn't have bothered with this '93 if there was rust to deal with elsewhere on the truck.

The one you are asking about has a lot more body rust, but the chassis looks pretty good, especially for the rust belt. What are your goals? If it just a truck to beat around in, and run it until the body falls off, then it might be worth $1500 or so. If you are looking to repair/restore it, then I would look elsewhere, or be looking for a parts rig to use for a body swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom