Another Home-Brew Drawer System Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WOW you did all that and your time for only $900??? Thats incredible.

I detect a hint of sarcasm...

Material cost was in the $600 range.

I'm in the shop most nights anyway. Always working on something. So this just slid right into the queue.

Like Josh said, I really don't charge myself for labor. And since I bill my time for a living, and employ 25 other people who do the same, I'm well aware of the value my time holds, thanks.

In fact, if you want to get technical on this, ones time is only worth what it is being substituted for. If I was missing out on billing customers $150/hr, or generating new business, or even skipping family time, my labor definitely has significant cost. But since I just reallocated a few shop hours a night over a week or two period, my labor cost was essentially $0.

So yes, to answer your question, I did do that for under $900. And thanks for the tips on the B.O.B. Awesome stuff.

It's not always about the $!
Good friend of mine will gladly pay someone else to do the mods on his cruisers so he can just get in and drive away!
I look at it as my hobby / alone / decompress / make stuff w your hands time!

I detect a hint of sarcasm...

No sarcasm - just very impressed you were able to pull it off. I remember your other build form 2011 in the 80 and this is next level. I'm not trying to compare directly to what Trekboxx built since there is a lot more materials etc in that system. We all take inspiration from various places.

No sarcasm - just very impressed you were able to pull it off. I remember your other build form 2011 in the 80 and this is next level. I'm not trying to compare directly to what Trekboxx built since there is a lot more materials etc in that system. We all take inspiration from various places.

Appreciate that. I did learn a lot on the first drawer build, which did help. The key to doing any kind of woodworking is being OK with screwing it up. And I screwed up quite a few pieces. In the end the bedliner material hides a lot, and my system certainly isn't as finished and good looking as the trek box, but I'm very happy with the end result, especially when expense is factored in.

Digging up an old post, but just want to say thanks for posting your original measurements!

Here is my version.

20190203_152943.jpg

20190203_152901.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom