Another dumb tire question for owners of Toyo ATII Xtreme (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IIRC you had some problems with the non xtreme on the 100 series, true?

None that I can remember :hmm:. Jog my memory?

I went with the non xtremes on the 100 for two reasons:

I didn't want to pay the weight penalty and the size I wanted (285/75/16) wasn't available in xtreme.

I have some 285's TOYO ATII's on my Wife's 100. Have played a little bit in the mud and dirt trails and they seem good. Great on road but they are actually noisy to me. I haven't followed the rotation religiously so that may be my fault. My new Mickey Thompson Deegan's are quieter.

I've got about 10k and just did my first rotation last week. I have the Extremes and think they are awesome. Quiet, ride really well. I have taken them off road several times and have been happy with the performance. I have yet to try snow and ice but that will be soon. For me it's the perfect tire for a daily driver that sees off road quite a bit. I don't really do rocks and I need to air them sometime and see how they do.
IMAG0478.jpg

None that I can remember :hmm:. Jog my memory?

I went with the non xtremes on the 100 for two reasons:

I didn't want to pay the weight penalty and the size I wanted (285/75/16) wasn't available in xtreme.

My bad I must have you confused with someone else
Thanks for your input

Sorry for brief hijack...@moodytico Is that monstaliner on your bumper corners? My paint is starting to fade

And it is confirmed that a 295/75/16 (33.4") will fit in the stock spare location?

I've been looking at this tire as a potential "when the hankooks wear out" tire as well. The benefits that I see are: pretty much all the sizes you'd want to put on a cruiser (285, 295, 315) fall into what they call the "extreme" category which gets you deeper tread and thicker sidewall bling blocks (i.e. better strength and traction when aired down), and they seem to have been designed with snow usage in mind, although they do not carry a snowflake rating. Actually pretty similar to my hankooks in that regard.

The 285's are NOT in the XT category. It starts with the 295's and everything larger.

On my 80, I ran the KM2's for about 30-35k miles. About a month ago I had a major flat on the freeway. Instant loss of pressure. I was returning from camping and only a couple miles from home with my family and adventure trailer in tow. I engaged the rear locker and drove to the nearest freeway exit where I changed the flat in a parking lot. No way I'm changing a flat on the side of the freeway in so cal haha. The tire was absolutely shredded. I couldn't find any evidence of a puncture, neither did americas tire. The tires were 6 years old and were annoyingly loud on long trips or on the highway in general. They did serve me well but I was due for a change, I couldn't stand the noise anymore. I went with the toyo at2's in 315. It's only been a couple thousand miles of highway but they're great so far. The at2's have been on my adventure trailer for quite some time off and on road and have handled well in all situations (off camber/sand/silt/rocks/rain/snow/mud)

I also have them on my gx470 in a LT265/70r17 (not extreme version). They've been on there for about 6k miles. Mostly highway (until I pry the steering wheel from my wife's fingers) but the few fire roads it's been on it's been great. Smooth, predictable and quiet.

So everything in my driveway has toyo at2's, except the camry :flipoff2: Once I get the 80 on the trail I'll report back :hillbilly:

@Mlachica that's great to hear! I'm pulling the trigger on some 295's for my 80. I'm tired of reading all these good reviews and wishing I had some!

IMG_3762.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

These pictures would look a lot better with dirt on the ground and surrounded by some magical nature landscape but you get the idea...

Both my LX and my 60 have the AT2s. Last night I went to go change the tire's spare on the 60 because the person whom my wife loaned it out to said the tire looked very low. I went and checked it out with the spare and sure enough there were 8 roofing nails stuck in the tire. Slow leak which deflates the tire fully over a 24hr period of time. As long as the tire was filled every 8 or so hours it was still driveable. Went and swapped out the tire. The old AT2 was taken to a tire shop for repair. All the holes were repairable and the grand total was $32. Got another spare ready to go again.

I've had my AT IIs (285s) on the 80 for about 7,000 miles now. I switched from BFG ATs (275s) and am very happy with my choice. I never had a problem with the BFGs on my 80 or previous Jeeps (CJ-7 and TJ - finally smartened up!), but just wanted something different. I rotated them at about 5K and all seems well. No complaints on the Toyos. Good luck with your decision!
P6040987.JPG

Did anyone answer the 295's in factory spare location question?

I bought the ATII non extremes a year ago and wheeled them in Moab. I debated between the KO2s and the Toyos, decided that either choice was a good one. I had run two sets of Toyo MTs and the sidewalls on those were awesome and never let me down. That's why I went ATII's

They were great in Moab with no issues. Handled well in the snow, not a factor for you typically. Ride well, quiet and my gas mileage improved over the MTs

I would buy them again.

Did anyone answer the 295's in factory spare location question?

I confirmed in the tire FAQ that up to 305's will fit. I have even read that people have gotten certain 35's up there. 295's shouldn't be a problem.

I confirmed in the tire FAQ that up to 305's will fit. I have even read that people have gotten certain 35's up there. 295's shouldn't be a problem.
You beat me to the punch...

:lol:

You can stuff a 315 up there by modifying the mount a little. Unless you have a trailer hitch.

LCP, are you thinking for the 80 or the 100?

80 series for now

Im still having a hard time breaking away from the BFG MT. I have 100% confidence in the BFG off road and come to know what to expect.

It like bagging the same girl forever and thinking maybe something better is out there. So you try out something new and it was not that great. Results, now your x-wife owns your cruiser.:eek::censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom