Another APPS Thread - When is it a red herring? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've gone through the TPS/APPS thread and I do think I have a slightly different question than the threads in that post.

Here is what has happened so far:
  • ( 2023-12-30 ):
    • Not more than a few days after replacing the fuel pump (with no problems so far), I completely lost the accelerator while driving.
      • during the diagnostic process of the fuel pump issue, I disconnected the battery for an extended period of time and pulled the EFI fuse a few times (which I've read can cause the ECU to "relearn")
    • "ECU", "VSC TRAC", "VSC OFF" lights are all on.
    • Try accelerator in both Drive and Reverse, nothing happens.
    • Turn car off, turn car back on, and accelerator works.
  • ( 2023-12-31 ):
    • Turn key to On position:
      • "ECU" and "A/T OIL TEMP" lights on
      • Codes: P1120 (APPS) circuit malfunction
    • Turn car on (no problem starting):
      • "ECU", "VSC TRAC", "VSC OFF" lights are all on.
      • "A/T OIL TEMP" light is off
      • accelerator pedal works fine (with lights on) in both Drive and Reverse.
    • Start car again
      • No lights are on
      • accelerator works and car appears to be fine.
Lastly, there have been times in the past where, after it has rained/snowed a bit, I have felt some drops on my left leg/ankle while driving. Reason I bring that up is I have read a few threads that indicate sunroof/windshield sealing not being watertight has caused some electrical problems for people.

So, my questions are:
  • Could the loss of throttle/lights going off be a part of the ECU "relearning" process (seems dumb to even ask that but hey...)?
  • Is this thing safe to drive? I've lost throttle once before and luckily it wasn't on a highway; I'd rather not repeat that.
  • How would ya'll go about diagnosing this when, as of right now, the car works fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom