Andy's SLOOOOW 2011 200 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So are your OEM shocks still good?

I have a friend looking at doing this, 2009 with 120,000 miles.

I think he's referring to the lake reservoir, not a suspension reservoir with height control...

Yeah, they are spongy, but still good i guess. No issues so far. 2011 with 65k miles.

Yes, IIRC, about 1.5-2"

@kreiten , can you comment on this?

Would the iron man shocks add any height vs the stock shocks? I'm the guy w the 2009. Nolen is my tour guide.
If your talking about the Ironman Cellfoam pro kit then yes it will add about 2 inches to the front and a little over 2 inches in the rear. Only reason I asked if you meant the kit is because you just said the "Ironman shocks". When you say "shocks" you mean the full Ironman coilovers up front and the shocks and springs in the rear, right? hope that helps... -Kreiten

Thanks, @kreiten , I thought it was something like that.

Bump for updates!

Subscribed! Want to make sure I get an early seat before things start speeding up.

Now that @reevesci and others are making nice looking bumpers for the 200s, I've been more seriously perusing my Autotrader saved search for an earlier MY 200 series. Unlike Andy, slow build is not in my nature, so I applaud your discipline!

Quick update.

The transition into the 200 has finally occurred. Sold the 100 and I’m now daily driving the 200.

First few things are gonna be simple.

I’ve already added a RAM mount for the iPad.

I’ve purchased a Prinsu roof rack but am not liking the fit. May or may not use it, who knows.

I’m gonna do a 50/50 drawer and fridge slide system in rear that allows me to keep one of the third row seats. Have a pretty good plan for that using 80/20 extruded aluminum.

Then sliders. No idea which brand.

Then tires, as the BFGs have about 50k on them now and are getting loud. But this is where is gets tricky, as i don’t want to get tires that won’t look good when the lift goes on. But that’s a decision for another day.

Then tires, as the BFGs have about 50k on them now and are getting loud. But this is where is gets tricky, as i don’t want to get tires that won’t look good when the lift goes on. But that’s a decision for another day.

what comes first the chicken or the egg...

Was super impressed with my Open Country R/Ts

I think you could get away with a 275 with and without a lift

Was super impressed with my Open Country R/Ts

I think you could get away with a 275 with and without a lift

That’s the gay tire he’s got now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom