Dissent offroad 200 series front/rear steel and aluminum bumper interest. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

benc

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hey guys, like the title says,
I'm waiting to gauge interest is front and rear bumper in steel and aluminum. I may have the opportunity to get a 2016 into the shop for a bit and if the interest is there I will take advantage of that to get some production models going. These would be a low profile option and will require trimming of the factory plastic.
Here are some pics of my work on the 100 and 120 platform, 200 would be similar in design. The rear will have our new slam style latch design for the swingouts. Again, this will all be dependent on if the opportunity to have one on my shop for several weeks works out.
IMG_1524.JPG
IMG_1533.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG
IMG_1687.JPG

Funny you posted this just now, as I am right this moment looking around at bumpers, and came across your site. Was considering something in aluminum to get the clearance and a winch without so much weight.

+1 for a front. I’d vote for a rear too but already got one.

Damn, those are some pretty welds!

I’d love More info on the aluminum bumpers.

Personally, I don’t need the strength up front of steel, and I’d love to save weight.

But can aluminum support a tire carrier and other weighty things on the rear? Or would it need to be steel?

I’d love More info on the aluminum bumpers.

Personally, I don’t need the strength up front of steel, and I’d love to save weight.

But can aluminum support a tire carrier and other weighty things on the rear? Or would it need to be steel?
The front will be 1/4" aluminum so will take a pretty hard hit. Rear will be a hybrid, aluminum shell with steel swing arms and aluminum attachments.

Is there any reason beyond aesthetics to run two pieces of plate welded together vs one thick one for the recovery points?

Not a dig, just curious

And I agree about the pretty welds.

Have a 2018 LC and what interests me is aluminum vs steel versions to save on weight. Looking to improve approach angles, but not necessary mount a winch on front or have a tire swing arm on the rear (but if possible to have as a future add-on). An optional carrier for the rear for extra gas can might be nice. I really like the work you did on the other model bumpers - yes, very nice welds! I am following your post. Hope this helps, thanks.

i am interested as well, for a 2014 LC. aluminum, if possible. in socal if it means anything to you.

Hell yeah, I would be interested. Aluminum would be great if it could meet needs. I was about to hit up @revesi for some help. I still may if this takes forever to get off the ground. I have 2 vehicles in Russia (Patro & a land cruiser 75) wintering in Siberia. I go back around late April.

I have admired your stuff many times...and wished you had 200 bumpers . I can deliver a 2014 to you if you need onr for a few months. I'll be in Russia and Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, all spring (5-6) months.

I really, Really want a lightweight front bumper and rear bumper. Had to leave my 200 hear for the Russia sojourn. :)
But I went through this last year. Building and testing can take up to a year. I have about 6 months.
Best of luck.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom