An Incredible Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

damn.......I read that a few times this morning.......would have SWORN it said H41........but I am surely wrong.....read it with my eyes all the way open........yup.........1981 ;)

and I ramble alot........get use to it :D

honk said:
John, why are you rambling on about an H41? He doesn't say it has one - all he said was that it has a "tougher 81 trans" , probably talking about the split case transfercase. It'd be pretty silly to put an H41 in a truck that has 3.70 gears in it's axles anyway........or, maybe not. A sorta' crawling low gear for a mall cruiser. Sometimes those loading ramps at Sears are pretty steep. :)

Damn...

Still kicking myself for not buying my 55 from him...

nial

Landpimp said:
and I ramble alot........get use to it :D

I'm workin' on it :)

largenfirm said:
The front turn signal pods are non-OEM - Japanese aftermarket replacement, think I've seen them at CCOT.

Battery tray looks to be mislocated to the rear, too.

The rear floormat is not original.

Radio's missing. Since there's no antenna, there should be a factory filler plate.

Other than that, it's almost as original as mine...

Kirk

Battery is in the same place as the '82 I had with factory air and ps.

He's got non-USA doors, don't think he was shooting for 100% correct original.

Landpimp said:
this is correct
37972652.jpg

My '82 had a similar antenna but that one looks a little different. The plastic on my mine was very old so I believe it was original. Also it had no plastic tip. Yours look new, perhaps the new OEM units are slightly different?

I wonder how much money it would take to restore to that condition? That thing is beautiful!! Highest bid 20k, I wonder what the reserve is? I'm thinking 25-30K.

Completly depends on who is doing the work, the quality of the work, the region of the country that the work was being done it, and the level to which it would be taken ....

There's a dark blue FJ40 in there with a buy-it-now price of $60K, and a first bid price of $59K. It's nicely done too.

I wonder if the guy would just take the $59K and close the auction so no one else could bid.

You think?

got a link to that one........I gotta see a 60K Fj40 ;)

honk said:
There's a dark blue FJ40 in there with a buy-it-now price of $60K, and a first bid price of $59K. It's nicely done too.

I wonder if the guy would just take the $59K and close the auction so no one else could bid.

You think?

Often times sellers get confused by what they spent on their cruiser and what it's worth. Eventually realization sets in that they've totally lost their ass on the project and they decide to just keep it or take a significant loss.

74fj40 said:
Wow, that cruiser is nice. but why sell it after putting in so much money, seems like a waste

Max, you are wise beyond your years. :grinpimp:

Landpimp said:
I know Stephen, he did my 45LV.

Yup. I just built the carb for it like 2 weeks ago! He told me he was getting the truck ready for a photo shoot, but he didn't say what for!

The carb turned out GORGEOUS! I took one of my top shelf carbs instead of the one he brought it [looked like it had been bead blasted AND had a dose of easy off oven cleaner-bar] and put some extra detailing into it. I'm kinda surprised he didn't take a close-up pic of the engine bay.

Oh well.

BTW, WHERE"S THE TECH, or are the Mods just slipping at the sight of such beauty?;p

65swb45 said:
I took one of my top shelf carbs instead of the one he brought it [looked like it had been bead blasted AND had a dose of easy off oven cleaner-bar] and put some extra detailing into it"

BTW, WHERE"S THE TECH, or are the Mods just slipping at the sight of such beauty?;p

It seems to me that you just provided the tech...

Yep, that is the how it came from the factory. The rear heater was no longer being made for that year. Personally I like the rear heater better. It seems to me that the rear heater gives out more heat than the console style one. This supposedly upgrade may have saved some room in the rear but definetely not a good move by toyota....in my opinion.

honk said:
That's late model OEM, not sure if rear heat was still optional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom