Builds Amazing 1996 FJZ80 with 55,400 Original Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beautiful. If you are ever looking to sell, PM me. Not kidding.

You still going to have $$ for a W E turbo if you buy a creampuff?

Or would you field 2 80’s?

(I did that awhile, lots of practicality being able to swap parts between 2, esp isolation of any electrical gremlins)

-@OP, sorry - not out to derail your thread, that's a nice 80 (even has the uber-rare toilet rug floormat ;) )

Srsly, I thought my floormats were nice, that makes mine look haggard AF.

You still going to have $$ for a W E turbo if you buy a creampuff?

Or would you field 2 80’s?

(I did that awhile, lots of practicality being able to swap parts between 2, esp isolation of any electrical gremlins)

-@OP, sorry - not out to derail your thread, that's a nice 80 (even has the uber-rare toilet rug floormat ;) )

Srsly, I thought my floormats were nice, that makes mine look haggard AF.

Lol! Certainly not at the pricing he desires...more power to him though, pretty special truck. I still have too many things to buy for my build before turbo, just got full delta/icon kit + slee shortbus and winch...rear bumper/roof rack are next then still waffling what to do about gears. Turbo time can't come soon enough!

To keep this thread on track here though, I'd sit on that truck for at least a few years @Indygbd . I can't picture a world where it goes down in value over a long period.

Older vehicles that sit a lot can have some really unusual issues that you don't see in vehicles that are driven regularly. Looks really nice though. What are you going to do with it?
Not sure yet. I lts very nice so I couldn't pass it up. It does have 2 issues. The tires are bad and need replaced and the brakes pulsate. Other than that its amazing condition.

Last edited:
Older vehicles that sit a lot can have some really unusual issues that you don't see in vehicles that are driven regularly. Looks really nice though. What are you going to do with it?

Only if you leave them outside or in a garage that it swings temps / no climate control.

That 22-25K one in Vail was crazy nice - underhood looked new aside from the intake tube just starting to brown out.
If the block & powertrain in general never sweat / collect condensate they can defy alot of the aging IMO.
My E30M3 is climate controlled & the engine stays looking great, motor (swapped, body has 14X,xxx) -has 22K on it and looks sharp, I do dust it off though.

So if OP (or any buyer) - keeps it near constant temps between drives, it can stay great.
But yeah, every fluid needs changing and some rubber may need updating like any 20yr old vehicle.

But a trickle charger, a remote start or weekly running / climate control storage could keep this thing as well preserved as Cindy Crawford :p o_O:p

Not sure yet. I lts very nice so I couldn't pass it up. It does have 2 issues and needs tires. One issue is the air bag light is on. The other issue is the pass power seat goes forward however will not move backward.

Air bag can be 'reset'. The procedure has you doing the Hokey Pokey with grounding a few wires in a specific order and time, but works for most folks. Seat is no issue. Pull the switch, clean it. Then exercise the seat. Common problem with no use.

Anyone who collects fj25s can probably handle some old hoses. I want to know how the tires lasted 23 years though.

Anyone who collects fj25s can probably handle some old hoses. I want to know how the tires lasted 23 years though.
They are pretty worn out. Barely any tread left. I trailered it home because I didn't feel safe driving it on that old of tires.

Last edited:
Damn. Did he just drive that around in his living room? Not even a chip in the paint on the front bumper!

That's an eBay queen if there ever was one if you want to get top dollar for it. Great score!

I’d keep that truck 100% oem down to the floor mats and radio. If prices for 40 and 60 series have shown me anything it’s that the pristine all original and unmodified trucks will command the highest price over the next 10 years.

Nice truck. I’d build it just like I built mine with 220k though.

Great find and buy. Never thought I would say "the gold package looks great".. but originality prevails on this vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom