Alternator Tension Bolt question for FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was driving and hear something rattling and I stopped to check the motor. My alternator belt was very loose and the tension bolt was missing. Anyone know the part number and where I can find one? Is it just the bolt or is there other parts it bolts to? I couldn’t find anything describing it.

DEC67290-C9B6-45F0-A469-B9E6F3B32B08.jpeg

there is the long bolt and the nut which has a tab that goes over the non threaded part of the set bolt.

the tension bolt helps get things snug, the other hardware holds it in place when snug. You can snug it up old school style, not easily with a 62 but it can be done.

That assembly can be fabricated with a long bolt. A rod coupler, and a small bit of flat bar with a hole drilled in it. Add a welder grinder and a couple cold beers and it started to sound like a party no? I’ll bet if you post an ad in the classifieds you’ll find one...
As 3pups points out, it is not absolutely necessary

That assembly can be fabricated with a long bolt. A rod coupler, and a small bit of flat bar with a hole drilled in it. Add a welder grinder and a couple cold beers and it started to sound like a party no? I’ll bet if you post an ad in the classifieds you’ll find one...
As 3pups points out, it is not absolutely necessary

Great idea! I need to visualize
What the tab or bolt looks like

Did they also come with one on the PS pump? I had to do that one yesterday and had to use a carefully placed crowbar. (unsuccessfully - my OEM belt has stretched too far in 6,000 miles to adjust the squeal out of it.)

It would have been a lot easier with the adjustment bolt. (which I will now fabricate somehow since I need to change the belt now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom