Alternator belt rubbing on air pump pulley? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My air pump seized on the interstate Monday. Installed a remanufactured unit today and got everything back together with new fan - and alternator belts, and I'm very clearly having the alternator belt making contact with the outer edge of the air pump pulley... The only thing I changed was the pump and used the old pulley, and it only goes on the one the pump way from what I can tell. I put the pulley on backwards at first and it made contact with the pump itself, which seemed a lot worse than contacting the alternator belt. Am I missing something? I double checked for spacers or anything that I might have overlooked but I haven't seen anything. Would appreciate any insight.

should have attached photos, apologies, hopefully these help a bit. Just had my shop take a look and they say the air pump shaft is bent, so I'll need to deal with replacing the new one if I want to keep it smog-legal (don't need to for tags but seems like a nice value add to me).
I've seen on the forum somewhere that I can put a dual-pulley on the alternator and just run the fan off of that, if anyone has a line on a part number for that I'd be much obliged.

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9867.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom