Almost staycation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With my snafu last winter getting hurt and the new baby we had in March I haven't been anywhere in a while or had a lot of time to get the 40 back together or do anything else either. A trip now was definately not planned.

So a few weeks ago the wife tells me I need to get off work early on the 11th because she has something we need to do. So I'm thinking "great" what she got me roped into? So I get home from work around 1:30 and I see that the Jeep is backed into the garage. Hmmmm. Thats unusual. Her mom was also there.So I get inside and she says get changed and lets go so I ask where. So she says dont worry about it. Ok so now I have no idea whats going on. So then she tells me to load up the bikes on the Jeep so I get to it and I can see that the back of the Jeep is loaded down with a cover over everything. So we get loaded up and still no word on were were going. An hour later we arrive.

Santee State Park. Site 100 right on the water.She was taking me on an early fathers day trip! Very nice! She bought me a new Coleman 6 person tent and a queen size inflatable matress. Awesome fathers day present. My two year old loved it.
Here's some pic's
IMAG0194.jpg
IMAG0200.jpg
IMAG0205.jpg

It's hard to tell from the bottom pic but thats the water right next to our site. Didn't hurt that the site had power and water and the bathrooms were 20 yards away. They had a really nice playground to. The bathrooms left a little to be desired, actually alot to be desired. I had cleaner showers in Iraq. But I still had an awesome time.
IMAG0202.jpg
IMAG0209.jpg
IMAG0213.jpg

Cool.

Man I wish I had a preformed bumpy slide when I was little. All I had was a stainless steel slide at school that would slice you open if you went down wrong.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, nothing beats family time. :cheers:

That's cool Scott.....glad your wife was able to surprise you for dad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom