All-in-one 12V Fridge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anker ran a Kickstarter a few months ago for a 12V fridge that integrates a battery and solar charging. For a 200, you can just plug the fridge into the 12V when moving and setup a panel when you get to camp for a handy touring setup without need for a dual battery/dc-dc or separate power station.

They're running 25% off now during the presale, with shipping on June 20th.

Looks like you sign up for the coupon now, then you use it on Amazon after June 20th.

My brother and a friend got them during the Kickstarter and they're happy with what they got. Battery lasted all day during 90 degree sun inside a parked van. Both noted that the AC/DC wall charger got very warm, but otherwise a top notch product.

No affiliation, just sharing because I hadn't seen much mention here and I think it's a great way for folks to start dipping into super-tourer territory without too much commitment.

Pretty cool idea seeing how some of us (ahem, me included LOL) are doing dual batteries, solar generators, solar panels to do just that.

I'm not seeing the prices anywhere. Anyone know what the prices will be for the various sizes?
It looks like a cool idea, but I must say the integrated battery seems like extra weight. My Dometic in the back of my 80 Series is wired in to my X2 AGM starter/main/only battery, I have no solar and no second battery. I carry a jump starter pack but have never needed it. I see this Anker product as being good for those who want to bring a fridge to the beach, to a party, etc., or maybe be able to move their powered cooler between vehicles. If it's just going to stay in one vehicle, though, it still seems like a traditional 12V fridge is probably superior.
I do like to see innovation in the market, and it's always better for the consumer when more options and vendors step up. I hope Anker finds their market with this product and that they are successful.

a buddy of mine got in on that kickstarter and I opened it up with him. it's pretty darn cool. it's not much heavier than my ARB fridge, and a tad larger footprint. I like it.

think about this...no more trips from the campfire to the back of the Cruiser...just roll the fridge to YOU!. :cool:

There are a few other refrigerators that are like this but are a bit cheaper. There are are more options as far as size and shape.

Anker ran a Kickstarter a few months ago for a 12V fridge that integrates a battery and solar charging. For a 200, you can just plug the fridge into the 12V when moving and setup a panel when you get to camp for a handy touring setup without need for a dual battery/dc-dc or separate power station.

They're running 25% off now during the presale, with shipping on June 20th.

Looks like you sign up for the coupon now, then you use it on Amazon after June 20th.

My brother and a friend got them during the Kickstarter and they're happy with what they got. Battery lasted all day during 90 degree sun inside a parked van. Both noted that the AC/DC wall charger got very warm, but otherwise a top notch product.

No affiliation, just sharing because I hadn't seen much mention here and I think it's a great way for folks to start dipping into super-tourer territory without too much commitment.
Costco had Massimo coolers with slightly smaller battery (187 Wh vs 299Wh on Anker) for around $350 a couple of years ago.

It has a solar input as well. The larger battery would be nice though. I keep my plugged into A/C 24/7 and it has been awesome. Nice to be able to hook it to solar on an extension to keep it in the shade. I'd still worry about not getting enough juice to keep it charged 24/7, which is why I use my Ecoflow Delta along with it. For a large cooler on eco mode, I'd expect the Anker batter to get 8 hours in most conditions. I'm sure their hours are in the most ideal circumstances. May not be enough to keep fully cold on solar alone...

Builtin batteries are great until they need to be replaced. Then one has to deal with replacement cost or rebuilding it. The push to have builtin batteries is a bane. In general, I would rather have corded tools.

Builtin batteries are great until they need to be replaced. Then one has to deal with replacement cost or rebuilding it. The push to have builtin batteries is a bane. In general, I would rather have corded tools.
With the Massmio and Anker the battery is removable so easy to replace. The Massimo batteries can easily be found and are $50-$130 depending on Vendor. The Massimo (and I assume Anker) will work without the battery too.

Costco had Massimo coolers with slightly smaller battery (187 Wh vs 299Wh on Anker) for around $350 a couple of years ago.

It has a solar input as well. The larger battery would be nice though. I keep my plugged into A/C 24/7 and it has been awesome. Nice to be able to hook it to solar on an extension to keep it in the shade. I'd still worry about not getting enough juice to keep it charged 24/7, which is why I use my Ecoflow Delta along with it. For a large cooler on eco mode, I'd expect the Anker batter to get 8 hours in most conditions. I'm sure their hours are in the most ideal circumstances. May not be enough to keep fully cold on solar alone...

This same battery works in a lot of refrigerators. Massimo is a rebranded Alpicool which is the company that makes a lot of these refrigerators.

This same battery works in a lot of refrigerators. Massimo is a rebranded Alpicool which is the company that makes a lot of these refrigerators.
Yep, which is why I mentioned the difference in battery cost depending on vendor. Likely even cheaper on aliexpress. Overall not bad for a cheap fridge. Mine runs 24/7 in my basement so if the power goes out it can be my already cold backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom