For Sale Alberta, Canada - 1992 - Auto - HDJ81 Land Cruiser - Triple Locked - 1HDT - aka TRUCK NORRIS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
For Sale: 1992 HDJ81 with a 1HDT factory 4.2L Turbo Diesel

***IMPORTANT MESSAGE*** - Truck Norris was not built to hang out at the mall or go to Costco on the weekends with your old lady. I built this rig for Elk hunting, Camping, and anything else mother nature can throw at you.

The time has come to seek new adventures and allow for another dedicated Cruiser Addict to continue forward with this amazing rig. I don’t use her much these days due to work, and family commitments, and therefore hope someone seeking a fully sorted Rig will pick it up, and carry the legacy forward.

I apologize in advance to my local Toyota friends who have supported me and this truck over the years. This wasn’t an easy decision to post my rig - and therefore hope everyone understands that everyrhing has a beginning and and end. I appreciate ALL the hard work, memories, and support over the years.

The truck isn’t perfect, and has some areas that need attention - however the parts and time invested costed much more $$$ than my asking price. If I was to build this truck again it would be close to $60k with current parts pricing and availability.

Engine Details:

- 4.2L 1HDT with B.E.B done at time of import.

- Hybrid - CT26 Turbo fully built with 270 degree thrust bearing, and dynamically balanced. Currently set to 23lbs boost via manual boost controller, and Isspro EV boost gauge & Isspro EV Pyro pre turbo. She makes instant boost down low and no issues. (Have a Gturbo Grunter in a box if interested as an optional adder).

- Timing belt done a 2 years ago - OEM toyota parts with new tensioner and idler.

- Injectors and IP were tuned for maximum flow, and altitude.

- OEM snorkel - and 3” Exhaust

- I run Shell Rotella T-6 full Synthetic Oil - 5W-40 and OEM Toyota Filter - Always.

- Webasto Diesel Heater under the hood w/digital gauge inside cabin.

- Dual - Northstar AGM batteries (Made in USA - $1000 touch).

- Dedicated cicuit for Fridge and Twin ARB Air Compressor. Much needed upgrade to running off of cigarette lighter port.

- Third party compression test can be supplied to the buyer upon request. ($300 adder)

Suspension / Wheels / Tires:

- Truck Norris - currently rolls around on 40” Toyo Open Country MT’s with approx 65% tread life remaining.

- Rims are HUTCHINSON triple bead lock Karate Chop - these are D.O.T approved, and the real McCoy. This are US military equivalent HD rims. Not for the faint of heart. If you know - you know. (Price can be adjusted if buyer decides they don’t want them - alternate wheels will be supplied).

- Front suspension is 14” KING 2.0 Remote Reservoir Coil Overs - could use a rebuild - price adjusted accordingly.

- Rear suspension - SLEE / OME HD Springs and Shocks

- Front Axle is Toyota OEM - 5:29 Nitro’s -beefier Ring and Pinion with solid spacer & Hellfire Fabworks knuckles and with pre-tapered tie rod and drag link holes. 25mm upper and lower trunnion bearings and pins Pair of lower 25mm caps (Pin comes welded in place) 1/2" Dana 60 chromoly studs and nuts.

- Freshly rebuilt front axle with all new bearings, seals, and fluids - (November 2023)

- LX450 Bigger brake Rotors w/pads and SLEE stainless braided lines.

- All links are 1-Ton equivilant and custom made with HD Heim Joint Rod Ends. Beef!!!

- Double Cardan drive shafts front and rear. New Front Flange with seal.

Armour / Extra Goodies:

- New Front Winch Bumper - ( Made in USA) with WARN 9.5XP winch with Factor 55 Thimble and fresh VOODOO Synthetic Rope ($4000 touch).

- Rear Bumper Dual swing out - CRUSIN OFFROAD - hand made by one of the local legends (insert Fist bump).

- Sliders - made by CRUSIN OFFROAD

- Belly Pan - made by CRUSIN OFFROAD

- Flat Line - Roof Rack for RTT - made by CRUSIN OFFROAD

- RTT - made by SMRT tents aluminum case and queen size - 1 season Old ($4000 new)

- Witt’s End - Rear Interior Quarter Panel Insert

- ARB Dual Twin Air Compressor (Optional)

- National Luna Fridge / Freezer (Optional)

- Console Fridge - Works - AC could use recharge.

- DEPO HID upgraded head lights - ($1200 touch).

Exterior / Body / Interior: Overall 6/10 rating

In an effort to hold and maintain “Truck Norris” status, the truck was used for it’s intended purpose. The body shows trail stripping, few character dents, and missing a few fender flares on purpose. Rear door lowers show some rust, but operate as they should. No leaks around the sun roof, windows all work - slow, carpet is decent up front, rear hatch area has a few areas that are dirty, steering wheel and shift knob minty - Altimeter, and compass work. New Floor mats. Seats are great - no rips or tears.

She isn’t mint, but all the things that require attention are easily fixable.

I am a Cruiser Head and love these trucks and the community very much. I hope this info finds you all doing well. I am open to discussions on items to tackle before completion of the sale. I am also willing to support the buyer with shipping arrangements.

I have built and sold a few really nice rigs into the USA for some great MUD members over the years - and able to provide references should they be required by the buyer.

PRICING (USD):
Sold As-Is-Where is with clean title in hand.

Truck with Hutchinson’s & 40’s - $26,000
Truck without Hutchinson wheels - $24,000 (alternate w/tires would be supplied by me).

Available Options:
RTT - $2,500
National Luna Fridge / Freezer - $1,200
ARB Twin Compressor - $600
3rd Party Compression Test: $300
Spare #5 Hutchinson Rim - $450.
Awning - $500

If my inbox is full please reach out to my personal addy: jharris1@telus.net

46446B30-3901-403C-84AE-2586D6532DB6.jpeg

9BFA095B-06D7-4701-A786-A057A10EE5AC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back