Alaska trip thread - Here goes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hollister iiisssss fuuunnnnn...

Jared,

What are you up for on Saturday? We can just go ahead and plan to meet up somewhere so people that want to come can make plans.

Holister is where I broke my first Birf...Ahhh the memories !!!!!!!!

Mark

broken

Holister is where I broke my first Birf...Ahhh the memories !!!!!!!!

Mark

Ahh,what the heck if we meet at hollister i probably need to break something in my rig.worst case scenario mark or kevin can tow me home LOL :lol::lol::cheers:.

You guys will tow me just in case right?:hmm::doh:. i need to get out of the house anyways.mark got parts in his rig for sure.:clap:

JOHN

Saturday the 4th I'm dropping my girlfriend off for a 10:55 red eye back to NYC. I'm down to meet up, but it would have to be on the later side, like 9:30 or so. If Saturday is the only day that works, I'd suggest this coming Saturday, March 28. Other than that I'm down for Sunday the 5th and Monday the 6th, like NorCal said.

The week's a little tricky, as Tuesday through Saturday I'll be with the girlfriend doing the coupley Napa thing. I can't really chew into that as it'll be the last time I see her for about a month, and us doing that time together is a big reason for her being so supportive of the trip as a whole. Sorry if this puts a weird spin on the situatoin - happy to try to work around the complications and make sure we can all meet up.

The Sunday (5th) would work for me. We can plan something that day.

if its sunday then i can tag along with shane or something...

or something...

wait is this a hollister visit or just a meet and greet?

As far as Sunday, yeah Tasso you can sit shotgun. :D I can put the roof rack on if you prefer the "something " option, just supply your own duct tape. I may just kick you out and make you ride home after dinner with Mark (if that's ok w/ him) since he lives IIRC in R.W.C. since we have to head out to San Rafael afterwards so I can report to work the next morning.

Like Jared, we're screwed for Saturday, Sunday's good for us for sure, Monday's clear for a little bit, but I will have to take off in the afternoon no matter what as I have to work a shift going into Tuesday. Why don't we just plan on doing the meet-up and Monday caravan up to Diablo thing? Sheesh, every other area can get their stuff together and we're still debating things, must be the bottled water affecting our minds. ;)

So, my suggestion is Hollister Sunday, with maybe a breakfast thing in Fremont at Country Way restaurant around 6am, head out to Hollister to play, and head back later and get dinner.

If anyone breaks something I have shop(s) to refer the repairs to.
(*Although they are still playing catch-up, they should be able to help get peeps back on the road in short order.)

*Note we'll be open rear and 2wd, so I'll be sticking to fire roads and such, but there's fun even in that so anyone else wanting to come is welcome to come out and play.

Last edited:
all that smog controlled air and over legislation got to us...:rolleyes:

and if the weather is nice, the roof rack could be kinda refreshing:flipoff2:

As far as Sunday, yeah Tasso you can sit shotgun. :D I can put the roof rack on if you prefer the "something " option, just supply your own duct tape. I may just kick you out and make you ride home after dinner with Mark (if that's ok w/ him) since he lives IIRC in R.W.C. since we have to head out to San Rafael afterwards so I can report to work the next morning.

We're screwed for Saturday, Sunday's good for us for sure, Monday's still a cr@pshoot for planning right now, but I will have the afternoon off no matter what if I only have to work a short shift. Why don't we just plan on doing the meet-up and caravan up to Diablo thing and get dinner later on in the evening? Sheesh, every other area can get their stuff together and we're still debating things, must be the bottled water affecting our minds. ;)

I am up for Speisekammer Restaurant

There a place to park along the bay like at a park to take some pictures?

You do have to pay a small park entrance fee to get up to the top of Mt. Diablo but it is a nice view if it is a clear day.

going to Mt.diablo

Kevin, are you suggesting to go up mt.diablo after lunch or brunch perhaps.It's close to the house if thats the case.i'm willing to drive to alameda for brunch,how bout the rest of the guys?:D

John

bump

have we decided on the place to meet and what time are we going to meet?:D:steer:

John

Guys, I clarified my post w/ an edit above:

I spoke w/ Jared and it seems whatever plan is put into place is his decision. I think he'll reply with that pretty quickly. ;)

So, unless I am reading wrong, Sunday looks good for everyone to go out and play and Monday for other stuff??

Last edited:
Yo. I'm sitting in my friend's ridiculous apartment in SF admiring the 70 degree sunny day. To think, just yesterday I was at 10,000 feet at Snowbird with Alaska60, skiing the 40 inches of fresh powder that dropped the previous two days (coughcough). I'm down for Hollister - I really can't do Saturday as that's time with the girlfriend, but I'd love to do Sunday. We can do breakfast beforehand, or just haul out there and do a dinner afterward (mexican, the german place that got mentioned, or another spot. It'd be good to get together afterward in some fashion, whether or not we do breakfast. I think everyone will have the wheeling out of their system and we can kick back, have some beers, and talk trucks. Then for Monday, also up for whatever. Probably taking off Tuesday morning for Oregon.

Is this your final answer?so fremont for breakfast and a quick ride to hollister and catch some dinner and a few cold one right?are we there yet?LOL.

I don't know how my rig would react to a sudden road trip much more going wheelin.i think she will live.:D

I talked w/ Jeff at Toy Connection so he knows a small run is happening and would be the goto for flatbed transport and repairs if any are needed. He's too busy to join us though. :frown: Joey's right down the street from there if any welding's needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom