Alaska Cruiser Trek 2008 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Deny had a funeral to go to? That seems very odd. Anyway, doesn't matter.

Deny is in Fort Nelson right? I called him after I called 74monster and sounded to me like he was headed south to a funeral. It wouldn't be the first time I've been ditched. Can you work any magic on this weather? Doesn't look too good..:cheers:

Deny is in Fort Nelson right? I called him after I called 74monster and sounded to me like he was headed south to a funeral. It wouldn't be the first time I've been ditched. Can you work any magic on this weather? Doesn't look too good..:cheers:

My bad that was Dean in Fort Nelson. I am tired..

Trip pics

My shattered sunroof..

sunroof.jpg

Windshield cleaning break in N. Montana

hwy85.jpg
sunroof.jpg
hwy85.jpg

Nope, I'm in Fort St. John. You called me in the morning from Grande Prairie, I was heading off to the field for work just north of Dawson Creek. I assumed you passed me while I was out there and decided to just head further north instead of waiting around for me to get back into town. Sorry I missed you hope the rest of your trip goes well.
Cheers,
Deny

Thanks for the great visit Charla, you are THE perfect hostess!!

And seeing deny do those sweet jumps on the Free Spirit...

In Whitehorse tonight.

Hey if I had a few more PSI in the tires and a few more beer in me I woulda popped a few sweet wheelies too.:D

Thanks for the great visit Charla, you are THE perfect hostess!!

In Whitehorse tonight.

Whitehorse had some beautiful weather today. I could definately spend more time here. Heading out tomorrow. Staying at Riverside Inn. My verizon wireless doesn't work up here. Sorry about the confusion on everyones name. The extra daylight here has made it hard on my sleep..:beer:

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, Muncho Lake. Just outside of Tok tonight and into Anchorage in the morning. It is so beautiful up here. I can't wait to get on the trail. It has been raining since we left FSJ. I think it is going to be wet.

You have our numbers. Call Mark when you get to Palmer if you want to visit his shop. That's the first thing I did when I drove up the ALCAN exactly 10 years ago last week. 'Course Mark will then complain that I never went home!

It's another 40 min. on into Anchorage. Give me a call, we'll do lunch....

Here's my little project this evening. I sewed it myself! A sunblock/privacy curtain for sleeping in the 80.

-Darrell
sewing 3.jpg

Bugs are okay, but it hasn't stopped raining. The Tok river is FULL. Heading into Anchorage tonight. We will get a hold of you guys tomorrow.

We are going to hunt down Mark for a quick visit and then go gear up..

Here are some more pictures.

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

Cool pics Dude, keep em comin.:popcorn: I really wish I was there instead of watching thru a laptop.

I just came from Mark's shop. We got talking about the amount of rain and water now in the Tok river. Plans may change due to very deep river crossings.

Bob, if you get this, please give Mark a call at the shop. Also if you see Todd and Roger get them to give him a call as well or relay what Mark tells you. We are going to meet up with him on friday for the ride out whatever he decides, it looks like we may meet at the Eureka Lodge.

I just came from Mark's shop. We got talking about the amount of rain and water now in the Tok river. Plans may change due to very deep river crossings.

Bob, if you get this, please give Mark a call at the shop. Also if you see Todd and Roger get them to give him a call as well or relay what Mark tells you. We are going to meet up with him on friday for the ride out whatever he decides, it looks like we may meet at the Eureka Lodge.

We got to Tok about 3:00 local & met Bob on the way in, got rooms at the Tok motel, dinner at Eddie's. We'll call Mark in the noting to check in. If we decide to meet in Eureka, we'll load the Cruisers back on the big truck and head that way on Friday. 200 miles in the cruisers is a bit much.

Looks like we'll know the plan tomorrow...

Glad ya'll made it - welcome to Alaska.

If we're going to change locations of the Trek, it would be great to get some more eyes on the Tok River to help us decide. So if you're bored today in Tok, you could take the cruisers 20 miles down the Tok Cut-off highway (South towards Anchorage & Glennallen) to the Tok River bridge and get a look at the water level. On the North side of the bridge, West side of the road is a little dirt pullout with a trail that heads out to the river bar. I'm not advising heading up river and doing crossings or anything but you guys can probably get an idea if the river looks high and if it is totally un-crossable.

If it's easier to just load them up or you guys need a break from the highway, it's no big deal. Just thought I'd mention it since we're 7 hrs. from the trailhead and you guys are 30 mins. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom