Aisin Hub Clutch & Pawl are STUCK. Advice needed..! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Just trying to do some work on the front section of my rig and I'm having some problems getting the Aisin Hubs off.

I first rotate the dial a couple of times from free to lock and back. Then when removing to bolts, I double check that it is in FREE...
When pulling on the hub cover, it seems that the clutch is still stuck on the inner hub. I get the hub cover 1 inch out, but the spring runs back in the hub to the clutch and is holding things back.
I really don't want to pull to hard and run the risk of having to rebuild the hub. I just want to take it off for maintenance on the knuckle. See pic.

Any advice please......Do I need to Bang, Break or Buy....
AisinHub.jpg

Howdy!! Have you tried rotating the hub body while you pull on the cover? that will line up the splines on the clutch to the inner hub. You might try putting it back in the lock position. John

Yeah Baby !! :cheers:

Thanks for the help Inkpot. I turned the front both sides.. and hit the hub with my biggest rubber hammer...
When I had the front off just an inch, I blasted the inside with some WD40 and tapped the inside clutch with a small screwdriver. I mounted the bolts back on, put it in FREE & LOCK a couple of times, hit hub sides again with big rubber hammer
And Voila......:censor: It came out like it was done by a Japanese Toyota chief engineer.
P4025819.jpg
P4025829.jpg
P4025833.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom