Aisin front brake issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi!
First, what is this? It's feeded from the master brake cylinder. Reducer??
Markings: Aisin 8L 65
20230413_120305.jpg

Issue:
We have good balance between left/right brakes  but front brakes are weak compared to rear. No load sensor installed.
Air is checked, no issue.

Front: New Aisin brakes (all done)
Rear: Nee Drum brakes (all done)

Thanks for suggestions🤙

Not anyone knows what the xtra aisin does?
I've never seen it and can't figure out what the purpose may be🫣

Did the proportioning valve get hooked up to the right circuit?
Thanks for the reply. It was setup like this before we changes brakes around.

The little valve is a proportional valve?
R is hooked to rear
F is hooked to front

Rear brakes are great, front not so great.
Stuck proportional valve?

It doesn’t look to be adjustable

A picture showing the master and the connections to the valve might be helpful. If the prior owner didn't plumb it right there could be a problem.

A picture showing the master and the connections to the valve might be helpful. If the prior owner didn't plumb it right there could be a problem.
I'll get a picture soon.
Rear (inner) output from master brake cylinder is to the front, and then to the F input in the proportioning valve, then output to front brakes.

Read about the proportioning valve and it seem like it's toast.

I'll get a picture soon.
Rear (inner) output from master brake cylinder is to the front, and then to the F input in the proportioning valve, then output to front brakes.

Read about the proportioning valve and it seem like it's toast.
I'll know , saying this, I'll start a wave disagreements here, but I removed my first proportioning valve in 1984 , on my 78 FJ40,which I bought new, and never had any braking issues. I've never used one since, except in the case of my first 4wheel disc conversion where I transplanted front spindles and discs from a 1/2 ton chevy 4x4
to a Ford 9" rear. The brakes were too big but this in 86 before there were any options on the market. I used a Wilwood valve that was mounted inside with a lever
that allowed you to adjust on the fly. It was fun because you could set it to lock the rears quickly to slide through corners. Now they call it "drifting". That's what you do when you're young.
I've never put a factory proportioning valve back on one of the many 40s, 60s and a 55 that I've ownedand noticed a problem. I have, however, had the valve cause issues when they fail

I'll know , saying this, I'll start a wave disagreements here, but I removed my first proportioning valve in 1984 , on my 78 FJ40,which I bought new, and never had any braking issues. I've never used one since, except in the case of my first 4wheel disc conversion where I transplanted front spindles and discs from a 1/2 ton chevy 4x4
to a Ford 9" rear. The brakes were too big but this in 86 before there were any options on the market. I used a Wilwood valve that was mounted inside with a lever
that allowed you to adjust on the fly. It was fun because you could set it to lock the rears quickly to slide through corners. Now they call it "drifting". That's what you do when you're young.
I've never put a factory proportioning valve back on one of the many 40s, 60s and a 55 that I've ownedand noticed a problem. I have, however, had the valve cause issues when they fail
😅😅 You where ahead of your time!
I only had experience with the load valve and the issues it can have with spring lift.
We probably just remove it and see what we get. Good suggestion with a adjustable valve👍
Tha ks for enlighten me and for your drifting story. Makes me want to adjust my brakes and head out 🤭

That doesn’t look like the typical proportioning valve found on the 40‘s
Thanks for the input. Interesting. According to the owner it is the original. I work mainly on the 60. Still learning the 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom