AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Second attempt at this post , first one ended up in the 200 series forums, whoops.

** Second row delete kit for the SS1 for the 100 series

Background
Storage space is key in our world and removing the second row of seats and adding a proper support for the SS1 is a game changer for me. It opens up loads of space down below the platform. This allows all of my gear, with the exception of my cooler, to live under the platform.

First impressions
All and all this setup is VERY solid, way better than resting on the middle row of seats folded down. It provides a nice level sleeper platform with support all around. When I was using just the seats there was always a bit of flop to the platform, never a noticeable problem but it required some moving blankets or similar between the seats and platform to make a solid surface.

Install
This was very easy, could have been better with a second set of hands. The frame relies on these small fasteners that slide into the channel of the rail and have a circular mount that secures into the channel. They are a bit of a pain to get used to but with some patience you'll get used to it. In a perfect world there would be some sort of click and lock fasteners for this 80/20 material so you don't have to fiddle with an allen key and awkward positions to get everything built. That would also allow for some quick changes and a lot more modularity to the system.

Pictures below
I think I could probably even get away with removing the middle leg to have more space down below but at this point it's not necessary for my build. My bags fit nicely down there, as does a compact Coleman cooler. Oh and the cup holders still open.

KIMG3474.JPG

KIMG3471.JPG

KIMG3470.JPG

KIMG3469.JPG

Half system 100% complete and ready for sale on the 100 series!

Anchor bars don't need to be full width, but this customer wanted to retain full width for potential future use/mounting.

PXL_20210806_193938734.MP.jpg

PXL_20210806_194855262.MP.jpg

@Greenbean

Oh yeah, those are by a company called HeatShield
>>2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade - https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2002-toyota-land-cruiser-suv

They are pretty affordable and do a great job. I keep my middle, and third row along with the rear hatch panels installed 99% of the time. The temp in the truck is significantly reduced . It also adds a bit of security for camping and/or parking in sketchy areas. Extremely hot summer days are not match, I keep all my electronics, cooler, gear that needs to stay cool in the vehicle and it's good to go.

They aren't the most robust material but they have kept up with 2 years of me camping, rolling them up, shoving them under the platform, etc. So on second thought they are pretty tough =]

Held in place by a few suction cups, black on one side and silver on the other. I think the black on silver isn't listed on their site I had to request it as it now looks like only black / white or black/gold are listed.

When camping I keep the windows cracked, with a screen over them, and then just don't suction the top mounts of the panels and a bit of a breeze is still possible.

There is another company in Australia ( can't remember the name) that makes a more extreme version , thicker padding, stronger material but it was overkill. These do a great job and if they get screwed up I can just pick up another set.

Thanks man,

I have actually had the AU ones and they are premium, little bit overkill for my needs. Thanks for the link!

Quick ?, can you still open and close the second row doors ok with them installed?

Thanks man,

I have actually had the AU ones and they are premium, little bit overkill for my needs. Thanks for the link!

Quick ?, can you still open and close the second row doors ok with them installed?
Yeah for sure, they just suction to the window and the door can still be used normally. The only downside would be leaving the third row installed since you lose the functionality of the vent.

You have the one for the glass window in the rear hatch, just curious your thoughts on it.

Thanks

You have the one for the glass window in the rear hatch, just curious your thoughts on it.

Thanks
Yep, I will message you some pictures. I installed it on the rear glass two years ago and haven't touched it since. Same story for the third row windows. Middle row and front seats gets used on and off depending on the situation.

Finally got the Dometic CD-30 drawer fridge installed under my SS1 system. The fridge is powered by a Bluetti EB70 portable power station. So far, so good. Next I’ll be adding a black ABS pocket to the front of the drawer to hold kitchen supplies. That will have to wait… Mojave Road Trail Guardian event this weekend…

7D44BFB5-C5CA-4E74-9742-2CCA98AF1463.jpeg

6338483B-4112-4293-A92B-5AD3A0834D61.jpeg

Finally got the Dometic CD-30 drawer fridge installed under my SS1 system. The fridge is powered by a Bluetti EB70 portable power station. So far, so good. Next I’ll be adding a black ABS pocket to the front of the drawer to hold kitchen supplies. That will have to wait… Mojave Road Trail Guardian event this weekend…

View attachment 2816939

View attachment 2816940
That's llooks great.

The last piece of the puzzle for me is what to do with my damn cooler that I have to haul around when the sleeper is setup.

I like the compact fridge option but may not be enough space for a multi day trip, looks awesome for a few items though.

That's llooks great.

The last piece of the puzzle for me is what to do with my damn cooler that I have to haul around when the sleeper is setup.

I like the compact fridge option but may not be enough space for a multi day trip, looks awesome for a few items though.
How about that drawer fridge supplemented with a smaller separate cooler when needed?

How about that drawer fridge supplemented with a smaller separate cooler when needed?

There are so many different ways to setup the SS1 that's what makes it so great.

I did pick up one of those smaller coleman coolers which is surprisingly good for a quick weekend trip. When I'm hauling the bigger cooler around I just strap it down on the back of the sleeper, when I get to camp it lives on the front seat. It's not ideal but not really many other options unless I break up with my lady and have a lot more space=]

KIMG3353.JPG

For somebody who has deleted their 2nd row seats, this Iceco T12 (12.8L) Fridge/Freezer has good dimensions to keep under a sleeping platform and supplement the CD-30. And it freezes too.... which the CD-30 can't.

71TMLxGHj4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
That's llooks great.

It has more room in it than the cooler I used with ice in it. Plenty of space for food for two people on a long weekend. The secret is to only keep a couple of drinks in it at any one time. Take and drink two and add two for the next day. If I still traveled with my 4 kids I would definitely need something bigger. Longer trips I can restock food when I gas up the LX470… it’s not like I can drive for a week without getting more gas!

Psst.... 10% off ADGU Premier Packages through Dec 5, 2021.

We put off price increases as long as possible, but they all take full effect Dec 5. Now's your last chance at these pre-supply-chain-crisis-of-2021 prices!

1637724003523.png

any chance I can add that onto an order that's in process :D
Definitely. Pre-orders start tomorrow and we can try to include them with system shipments starting late this month! Watch out for the formal release notice via email or here/instagram.

Hi Everyone, I am pleased to announce the release of our redesigned Slide Out Table!

The slide out table (SOT) mounts to the underside of the drawer and extends to create a work surface. This is incredibly useful for prepping meals, gear, cameras, you name it! The SOT dimensions are 18" x 23" when deployed, creating ample workspace. It is attached to the drawer with large aluminum brackets, secured with 4 total screws. These will ship assembled, so installation will be simply threading in and tightening the 4 screws. We anticipate most customers will be able to install in under 5 mins.

The structure of the SOT is provided by aluminum extrusions, attached to the Richlite material work surface. The richlite is held in place using 3D printed Carbon Fiber brackets. The assembly glides along its travel with the help of full-length, low-friction UHMW tape and is secured into the stowed position with a spring plunger detent. To keep the system rattle-free while stowed, we utilize a secondary mechanism that wedges the SOT firmly into place under the drawer.

The entire system weighs approximately 10 pounds. The SOT can be used while the drawer is in both the closed and open position, and will not affect the functionality of the drawer itself.

We are offering this with free shipping for the first 50 customers, get yours now!

PXL_20211210_190353411.jpg

PXL_20211210_190417298.jpg

PXL_20211210_191043274.jpg

PXL_20211210_190348253.jpg

PXL_20211210_190521391.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom