Aircleaner swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to swap a 2F aircleaner onto a late '74 F motor. Have the 2F valvecover with the mounting points for the aircleaner, but where it attaches to the carb it needs a post-wingnut type of hold down. Is this a part I can get and mount to my carb? Hope I don't have to switch carbs, just got this one to run fine!!! I'm moving it to make room for a PS pump.
Thamks,
Ed Long

Ed, another option for consideration. I needed room for the pump on my 74 also, I ended up taking the stock bracket, cutting it down and bolting it to the fender. then pivoted the aircleaner around so that the horn is facing the firewall. Fits fine.
Lane
74FJ40 8)

You do need this post, and if i remember correctly from when i pulled my carb out, its solidly part of the carb. You might be able to ghetto rig something, but the chances are more likly then not you'll need to switch carbs :'( i'd say try FJ40Lanes idea first!

I've already bead blasted the AC assembly, getting ready to prime and sand it, so I'm committed to trying to make this work. Besides, meaning no disrespect, bolting one end of the AC to the fender and the other to a wiggly F motor sounds like a potential problem. Thanks to all for your advice...I'll let you know how it turns out. With pics if I can get to Emerald City for a brain.
Ed :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom