Air Injection Control Driver Relocate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not 100% sure this thing is what I think it is, but my best guess is its the "air injection control driver" based on a diagram in the service manual.
Its the only thing sitting an a large chunk of engine bay real estate (It practically has its own zip code) right behind the fuse/relay box under a vanity cover. But I've got a winch solenoid box (and maybe a compressor too) that wants to move in, so I want to relocate this thing if possible. Anyone know for sure what it is, what it does, and where it can be relocated to?
A lot of people just get Power Trays to go over this area, but seems to me you could go deeper and recapure more space if this thing is moved.

4ABB0B90-4349-4E6D-A0BD-48798DB8AC60.jpeg

Thanks for verifying that its possible. I have a Viair too that I may try to squeeze in there.
I built my own tray/shelf to go under my power tray. I installed my NOCO dual battery charger. Agreed don't waste the space!
That tray looks awesome, and great idea putting in the NOCO. I may borrow your double decker concept. I've got a Redarc BCDC that needs a home too.

I'll have to read through the rest of both of your builds when I get some time....

Thanks for verifying that its possible. I have a Viair too that I may try to squeeze in there.

That tray looks awesome, and great idea putting in the NOCO. I may borrow your double decker concept. I've got a Redarc BCDC that needs a home too.

I'll have to read through the rest of both of your builds when I get some time....
Thanks, please do!

I'm not 100% sure this thing is what I think it is, but my best guess is its the "air injection control driver" based on a diagram in the service manual.
Its the only thing sitting an a large chunk of engine bay real estate (It practically has its own zip code) right behind the fuse/relay box under a vanity cover. But I've got a winch solenoid box (and maybe a compressor too) that wants to move in, so I want to relocate this thing if possible. Anyone know for sure what it is, what it does, and where it can be relocated to?
A lot of people just get Power Trays to go over this area, but seems to me you could go deeper and recapure more space if this thing is moved.

View attachment 3168278
Here's a compressor tray kit already made: SLEE - ARB Compressor Mount - '10+ 4Runner / GX460 - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok0027/
My winch controls went in on the firewall, passenger side.
You can see my under-hood configurations here starting at post #3: Builds - R2M 2013 Lexus GX 460 Overland / Overlander Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/r2m-2013-lexus-gx-460-overland-overlander-build.1104719/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom