Air Conditioning 39 degrees (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Did a full charge/Vacuum of my AC yesterday. When I put in New Short block in Dec. I also replaced everything bolted to or near the engine. That included a new AC Compressor. But the Unit was never charged or Vacuumed . So having the pump and manifold handy I spent a couple hours And when i Finished sitting idle in driveway on a 75 degree day got a reading of 39 at the drivers vent . That should hold me next week cruisin through the desert.

Yep

My 100 Series

38 degrees.jpg

I forgot how nice the ac in my 80 was until it leaked out and I drove it 4hrs in 90+ degree heat. It's absolutely miserable driving down the interstate with the windows down. The noise was worse than the heat. I put a full can into the next morning and it worked great. Now to find the leak.

I’ve seen 29 inside vent in 70s ambient 😁

My very first vehicle back in High School (nearly the Stone Age) was a 1966 Mustang GT. It didn't have factory air as it sat on the lot of the dealership, so we had an under dash unit installed before I picked it up.

I swear....on the hottest day here in Texas, it would spit little ice particles out of the vents on occasion. Old R12 unit with a big York Compressor. Relatively small interior space in the Mustang= easy to cool.

Equally easy to tell when my girlfriend was getting a bit too cold. ;)

I forgot how nice the ac in my 80 was until it leaked out and I drove it 4hrs in 90+ degree heat. It's absolutely miserable driving down the interstate with the windows down. The noise was worse than the heat. I put a full can into the next morning and it worked great. Now to find the leak.

Cries in R-12. I wish autozone carried my ozone killing fluid.

Did a full charge/Vacuum of my AC yesterday. When I put in New Short block in Dec. I also replaced everything bolted to or near the engine. That included a new AC Compressor. But the Unit was never charged or Vacuumed . So having the pump and manifold handy I spent a couple hours And when i Finished sitting idle in driveway on a 75 degree day got a reading of 39 at the drivers vent . That should hold me next week cruisin through the desert.
Be aware that 35° differential is pretty much a constant, meaning if it’s 105° out probably the coldest it will show at your vent will be more like low 70s , ( but it will still feel cold on your skin as it obsorbs the moisture in the air
You may already know this

Be aware that 35° differential is pretty much a constant, meaning if it’s 105° out probably the coldest it will show at your vent will be more like low 70s , ( but it will still feel cold on your skin as it obsorbs the moisture in the air
You may already know this
Get outta here with your subcooling and superheating vapor pressure jargon. That is the same kinda BS the chemtrails people use to pretend like the clouds aren't making us all magnetic

Get outta here with your subcooling and superheating vapor pressure jargon. That is the same kinda BS the chemtrails people use to pretend like the clouds aren't making us all magnetic
As a 32 year HAVC hand , I just thought you might not know this , on second thought , you’re right , even if you are in Death Valkey in July , the inside will always be 39°

As a 32 year HAVC hand , I just thought you might not know this , on second thought , you’re right , even if you are in Death Valkey in July , the inside will always be 39°
HVAC*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom