Air Conditioner Idler Pulley and parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have, or know where i can find, a parts picture for the Air Conditioner idler pulley that shows all the parts needed for the V-Belt adjuster. I looked in the Haynes manual (worthless) and on the web and no joy for a parts picture showing the bolt and all the adjuster parts. It's a '89 FJ62.

I used one local shop that screwed up the adjuster (stripped the long adjusting bolt) and the second shop supposedly fixed the problem but didn't so the entire pulley came off and it's gone. I received a new pulley assembly from CruiserParts.net along with a new bolt and threaded it into the upper collared nut and tired to get it to adjust the V-Belt, no joy. Besides the long bolt and pulley there is one collared nut at the top of the bracket, nothing else. Adjusting the bolt either bottoms the bolt onto the upper bracket, or falls out the bottom of the upper collared nut.

Thanks

Clay

Here's one diagram:

FJ62 AC Compressor.png

Thanks everyone for the info. Seems I am missing the top nut, I have one that will work.

Is the nut with the barrel that fits into the hole in the brakes suppose to be free moving or was it supposed to be pressed in and not suppose to move?

Thanks

Clay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom