AHC’s at work (or play depending on your view). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I keep reading about how the AHC does the three things better (stopping, driving, and turning). But what I really want to see is what the worst places YOUR AHC rigs have made it to.

This is obviously a thread that needs lots of pictures. I’m really hoping to see trucks going over obstacles or in flexed out positions. If you have a bone stock AHC truck on a very mild trail that’s totally fine!!! Show it off!!! Please also let us know what mods are done to the truck (bigger tire size, sensor mod, anything else, etc. . .)

I have an 04 LX but my off road skills aren’t very good (I road race sports cars). I’m really trying to see what these trucks can do with competent drivers. I apologize if this has been covered else where. Let’s see it people!

Mine took me up Hell's Gate, not super hard but definitely bucket list:

Took me through 5 days in the Swell:

Got to the #gramworthy locations:

05GAYLP.jpg

NBMRfVP.jpg

irFR2mS.jpg

BJ5OCLs.jpg

Through the rock gardens:

2g9J8Vm.jpg

Dunes:

YtC8Juz.jpg

Obligatory flex:

derc7Jw.jpg

O5Sv7II.jpg

Towed heavy stuff:

uKjGUkL.jpg

jczzMAl.jpg

Jcarw0x.jpg

KRCpa3r.jpg

The only thing I recommend doing to AHC is keeping it in spec and adding airbags if you need to carry an extra load: https://amzn.to/3nbMfAm

I just replaced the globes at 260k and it rides like new again. Even notice a huge improvement offroad. I call that a quality product.

The only mods are what you can see and airbags in the rear springs. The suspension is all stock.

Last edited:
I'd like to see pics from @Mauser

Mine took me up Hell's Gate, not super hard but definitely bucket list:

Took me through 5 days in the Swell:

Got to the #gramworthy locations:

05GAYLP.jpg

NBMRfVP.jpg

irFR2mS.jpg

BJ5OCLs.jpg

Through the rock gardens:

2g9J8Vm.jpg

Dunes:

YtC8Juz.jpg

Obligatory flex:

derc7Jw.jpg

O5Sv7II.jpg

Towed heavy stuff:

uKjGUkL.jpg

jczzMAl.jpg

Jcarw0x.jpg

KRCpa3r.jpg

The only thing I recommend doing to AHC is keeping it in spec and adding airbags if you need to carry an extra load: https://amzn.to/3nbMfAm

I just replaced the globes at 260k and it rides like new again. Even notice a huge improvement offroad. I call that a quality product.

The only mods are what you can see and airbags in the rear springs. The suspension is all stock.

Awesome photos and video! Your rig looks about perfect on stance. What size are those Ridge Grapplers?

Rubicon twice along with many other trails... Stock AHC with medium duty Old Man Emu springs in the rear, tires are 35x12.50's Treps with Method wheels...

i-GwKmtbx-X3.jpg

i-XFZfQmf-X3.jpg

i-LS62STn-X2.jpg

i-zjtTngP-X2.jpg

456.jpg

i-6jgJNZ4-X2.jpg

457.jpg

i-4hv534P-X2.jpg

I'd like to see pics from @Mauser
I don't ever get any pictures because I'm always driving, but I will say my poor AHC system has been through hell since I have owned the truck. I have a set of the Japan 4x4 spacers, and 80 series rear springs. I sure love the ride.

Awesome photos and video! Your rig looks about perfect on stance. What size are those Ridge Grapplers?
Most of the photos are 285/65/18 Ridge Grapplers (https://amzn.to/2Yk4Lw7) but recently I switched to 275/70/18 which are true 33's but slightly narrower (https://amzn.to/2WW036Z) and I have got to say I prefer the former.

I really noticed a big loss in traction with the 275s vs. 285s on rocks and especially loose gravel/soil. Also at street pressure the 275s are definitely taller for that true 33" look, but once aired down to 18 psi or so they lose about 1/4" in height to the 285s which I didn't expect. On the highway the taller tires are definitely not helpful either. I didn't expect this with them but I'm definitely going back to the 285/65/18 as it was just the perfect tire for whatever I threw at it. I am at stock height I have not even touched the height sensors since I bought it (it was a dealer maintained garage queen).

My wheeling has been pretty tame thus far (pregnant wife, infant, new business shop, and covid all really damped my 2020/2021 wheeling plans), but here's a few stills showing some articulation.

My wife cycling the rear from full droop to full tuck on Kingston Peak. No huge obstacles on that trail, just a lot of medium rocks to bounce off for a few hours and a few undulations.

1630970048062.png

1630970089377.png

Did Medano Pass, Geneva Creek, and a few others, but no real "flex" shots from those.

The most impressive "AHC" thing so far for me was taking the back way from the Tetons into Idaho and just blasting through the rough road about 2x the speed I would have done with the OEM static setup on my 99. AHC just soaks up those bumps like butter. Air down the tires, AHC in N height, AHC set to soft and let her rip. That was a ~90 min trip that would have probably been 2-3 hours in my 99 because my wife (and probably myself) would have just been exhausted after every 30 minute stint. With AHC we were able to just keep going.

Hopefully some additional "moderate" trails will come next year. Hoping to get up "The Wall" at Poughkeepsie, but we'll see.

My wheeling has been pretty tame thus far (pregnant wife, infant, new business shop, and covid all really damped my 2020/2021 wheeling plans), but here's a few stills showing some articulation.

My wife cycling the rear from full droop to full tuck on Kingston Peak. No huge obstacles on that trail, just a lot of medium rocks to bounce off for a few hours and a few undulations.

View attachment 2779377
View attachment 2779379

Did Medano Pass, Geneva Creek, and a few others, but no real "flex" shots from those.

The most impressive "AHC" thing so far for me was taking the back way from the Tetons into Idaho and just blasting through the rough road about 2x the speed I would have done with the OEM static setup on my 99. AHC just soaks up those bumps like butter. Air down the tires, AHC in N height, AHC set to soft and let her rip. That was a ~90 min trip that would have probably been 2-3 hours in my 99 because my wife (and probably myself) would have just been exhausted after every 30 minute stint. With AHC we were able to just keep going.

Hopefully some additional "moderate" trails will come next year. Hoping to get up "The Wall" at Poughkeepsie, but we'll see.
Looks great! Every time I see a Dissent bumper I think they look so good. Glad I bought one. Now I just need to put it on. Can’t wait to get my truck out . . . soon!

Running AHC with new globes and a new pump. 295/75/18 Ridge Grapplers on Tundra wheels and Bora 1.25" spacers. King KTRS-70 rear springs and 30mm spacers in these pics:

VideoCapture_20210904-142511.jpg

VideoCapture_20210905-093045.jpg

AHC system with 2 new AHC shocks on front end and AHC spacers all around, plus around 1.5 to 2 inches lift with King springs and spacers. Pumps and globes are still original with 169k miles on them. 275/70R18s.

Skyline Parkway, Alabama
Attach10448_20200525_151000.jpg

Fallen Peace Officer Trail near Moab, Utah
IMG_2520_20210617_212559.jpg

White Rim Trail, Canyonlands, Utah
20210616_155833.jpg

Last edited:
White Pocket, Sedona, The Swell, Moab, Sand Hollow, side by side trails, dry creek beds, 5 Week road trips. Etc, etc. only issue is off roading while overloaded, washboards and rocky roads cause the AHC drop. 8 people inside, though!

7D309668-46C2-40B1-B175-A2EFBEC9DEE3.jpeg

24798C1E-658D-4EE7-AA3D-CEC2E64108E1.jpeg

0DC4528E-09DF-4CA9-8E31-FB36B1010EA2.jpeg

47180C7E-A2D8-48FC-8EEE-712DD61CC812.png

21436D4A-819C-4B5E-9B42-ED17075F3E75.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom