AHC Suspension Conversion (IronMan Foam Cell vs. OldManEmu) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The overall driving impression is that:
  • Highway: Factory Most Comfort to Comfort Setting compared to stock
    • This is super smooth! Closer to the most comfortable setting on the stock with nob turned all the way to the left
  • City Road: Factory Comfort to Sport (Not the Sportiest setting with nob turned all the way to the right) compared to stock

This is exciting as I was getting a little apprehensive about ditching my perfect AHC for the FCP lift sitting in my garage. I really enjoy it in the Comfort and Comfort +1 settings so to hear that this is generally the ride from the IM kit makes me very happy :) I'm diving into it tomorrow and will post up with my own driving impressions once I get an alignment done on Monday.

How did your alignment come out?

This is exciting as I was getting a little apprehensive about ditching my perfect AHC for the FCP lift sitting in my garage. I really enjoy it in the Comfort and Comfort +1 settings so to hear that this is generally the ride from the IM kit makes me very happy :) I'm diving into it tomorrow and will post up with my own driving impressions once I get an alignment done on Monday.

How did your alignment come out?
Alignment was no issue. Also the comfort +1 is a high way feel. I saw on regular roads it is comfort or comfort -1

UPDATE ON IMFC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After driving around in LA here are some of the things I noticed with the IMFC:
  • Minimal body roll when turning
  • Minimal head dip when breaking; even with hard breaking
  • Sportier suspension feel at speed above 70mph; always felt the stock suspensions gets a little bouncy around 70mph
  • I would probably say overall the IMFC feels like "comfort to comfort -1" on the stock suspension

By the for the AHC delete portion:
  • Removed AHC relay in the engine bay
  • Removed the AHC 50 Amp in the engine bay
  • Did NOT remove passenger AHC fuses
  • As a precaution also removed the plug to the AHC setting module in the center panel (this is not necessary)
InkedAnnotation_LI.jpg

285k Stock LX470 2002

Shocks blown and the globe's also went out, rode it till the rear bottomed out, literally.

Installed the Iron Man Gel Foam kit and WOW.

I do not off-road, but NYC potholes and streets can be considered offloading.

The ride is exactly what I wanted, comfort and s sport like feel at 60-70mph, which tops on the freeway these days, ton traffic.

Anyhow, super happy with the purchase and the quality of the Iron Man parts,

I

Hey guys, just got the IMFC Stage 2 installed today!!

Foam Cell Pro 2" Suspension Kit Suited for Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470 - Stage 2 - https://ironman4x4america.com/foam-cell-pro-2-suspension-kit-suited-for-toyota-100-series-land-cruiser-lexus-lx470-stage-2/

The overall driving impression is that:
  • Highway: Factory Most Comfort to Comfort Setting compared to stock
    • This is super smooth! Closer to the most comfortable setting on the stock with nob turned all the way to the left
  • City Road: Factory Comfort to Sport (Not the Sportiest setting with nob turned all the way to the right) compared to stock
  • I have a 1" rake between the front and rear
  • ~2" lift all around
  • I ended up getting the differential drop kit
    • As you can see the Rack&Pinion is almost straight
Pictures linked here:

Ironman Foam Cell Pro lift kit installed - with pictures - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ironman-foam-cell-pro-lift-kit-installed-with-pictures.1010774/post-13802753
Hey bud, what coil load did you select? Medium or heavy load? I'm thinking of getting this for my lx470. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom