AHC lowered on its own (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Odd thing just happened with my AHC lowering on its own. Is this normal? Here’s what happened:

Pulled into a parking lot
Put it in Park
Got out and closed the door
Walked 25 feet away
Looked back only to notice a trim piece on my roof rack was missing (car wash was the culprit)
As I’m staring at the car in shock, I notice the back end lowers as if someone was inside and pushed the AHC button down
Got back in the car, pushed the AHC button up and down; seems to be working normal
Drove off, parked again and tried to replicate the scenario but it would not lower on its own again

Is there a chance you accidently hit the button to lower the AHC before leaving the car? I think in that case once the door was closed it would lower, but the engine would have to be running I think.

I have had the AHC make small adjustments after a hard stop, or after a rather large individual got out.

Is there a chance you accidently hit the button to lower the AHC before leaving the car? I think in that case once the door was closed it would lower, but the engine would have to be running I think.

I have had the AHC make small adjustments after a hard stop, or after a rather large individual got out.
No chance I accidentally hit the button before getting out. I’ve done that before and right after I close the door the height would adjust....but in this case it was at least 20-30 seconds after I got out and closed the door before the back end lowered. I didn‘t have any other passengers or heavy cargo that could’ve shifted around.

You've been hacked !

So, if the car was running, it's possible as you left, the weight balance changed, and it leveled itself. Both my brother and I have experienced the latter in our LXs--sitting in a parking lot, engine running, in P, and it adjusts after being static.

Last but not least, even with engine off, it's possible for it to settle as it cools (page 286 in manual).

^^^^^

Mine does this often. AHC is a dynamic system and it makes sense that it would "recalibrate" when you change its load, including a movement induced load.

Edit: To clarify, the movement remains within the Normal range and doesn't drop to Low.

I'll be "that guy" and ask ... are you severely overweight?

The weight change doesn't have to be drastic and isn't exclusively just the driver; it could easily be an edge case where the sensor is right between two measurements and it figured out where it wanted to go, and went.

Mine rode nose high and stiff as a wedding dick for nearly 600 miles (front sensors were bad) before mysteriously, at 60mph, lowering back down and riding normally. AHC has got a mind of its own.

Mine rode nose high and stiff as a wedding dick for nearly 600 miles (front sensors were bad) before mysteriously, at 60mph, lowering back down and riding normally. AHC has got a mind of its own.
Yeah it does. I know some people love AHC here but I did not have the patience for it.

AHC is brilliant. AHC is mega. AHC is reliable. AHC allows me to tow a maxed out enclosed trailer in comfort.

All
Hail
Comfort

Yeah it does. I know some people love AHC here but I did not have the patience for it.
I'm an AHC fanboy, but I must admit it requires some extra diagnosis tolerance. It reminds me of the carb vs EFI or the NA vs forced induction opinions. The increased potential performance comes at the cost of increased complexity. Folks will evaluate that risk/reward differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom